Cencom sapphire output 7 question

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Hello everyone In setting up a concom sapphire I noticed that Output 7 has 3 wires for it and I'm not sure what it could be used for does any upfitters out there know? It's a 10A dry contact relay so my guess is it's a switch for an external power scorce and device?

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Hello everyone In setting up a concom sapphire I noticed that Output 7 has 3 wires for it and I'm not sure what it could be used for does any upfitters out there know? It's a 10A dry contact relay so my guess is it's a switch for an external power scorce and device?
Output 8 has 3 wires and can be used as a dry contact relay, or as a standard output. The fuse position is what determines whether it is a relay or an output.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
So if the fuse is set to standard output what wire is the output? I've wired up a few cencom sapphire units but never had to use any of the outputs lol

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
680DF307-326B-4740-87DF-6105A421603E.pngYou would hook up the brown wire if you wanted it to be a normal output. You hook up the red if you wanted it to be an output that is closed until you activate it, then it would be open.
if you used it as a dry contact relay, the only difference is that you have to hook up the orange wire to power or ground, depending on what you wanted to feed to your output.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
You could also use the dry contact relay to switch something that does not connect to either power or ground, such as the audio output from a radio or scanner.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Sounds very useful I appreciate the insight thanks everyone :) now I've got a programming question lol when I set the slide switch to off on my control head it doesn't shut off all the lights I have to push the buttons separately I do have events setup to shut off the lights when the slide is set to off

This is on a cencom sapphire 21 with slide control head if I need to start another thread to ask this it's no problem

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Ive never tried making the slide switch off turn everything off, but what I would try… click the state of the slide switch off, then go into your inputs and set everything that you want to turn off, to “off.” Im not sure if that will work though. The slide switch doesn’t have an “off” signal. It just sends an “on” signal in the other three positions.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
I was thinking the same I'll go through the inputs and set them to off when the slide switch is in the "off" position or my intended off lol I got some other quirks I need to fix too (me being dumb and forgetting to set serton perimeters and such lol)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.