Cencom Sapphire troubleshooting

Capwesty

Nov 8, 2018
Florida
We have a unit in the shop with a sapphire. When in position 3 the speakers give a quiet timed bark. If you push manual, you get the siren but it is very muted, also the PA is muted. We replaced the speakers, amp, and controller with equipment from another vehicle and still have the issue. Are there any tricks we could be missing? We even ran a jumper speaker wire from the amp to the speakers with no luck.

Thanks for any info!

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
not having had the chance to get my hands on the sapphire controller but noting my MPC01 controller has the volume dial on it is it possible that someone was working on the programming at the unit and accidentally set a volume control low or does it think theres supposed to be a rumbler in place?

Capwesty

Nov 8, 2018
Florida
Thanks for the reply!

No, it has a volume control but it’s on the back and you have to insert a tech screwdriver inside to turn it.

Capwesty

Nov 8, 2018
Florida
Yessir, we even swapped the unit, speakers, and controller from another vehicle and get the same result hahaha! Even tech support is stumped

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
well when all else fails ( hands Sledgehammer ) Use This! Im guessing its well out of warranty? so you swapped out the sapphire and it still does the same thing.... wiring issue?

Capwesty

Nov 8, 2018
Florida
Yeah it’s an older unit. We’ve got more getting geared up but they’re way late so we’re out of spares. Wiring is pretty much all we haven’t swapped yet. He’s taken the car to training for a couple days so I can’t tinker with it again yet.. I sure appreciate picking your brain a bit!

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Wish I had some much better ideas in that, best I can say is to pick the brains of one of the guys at whelen tech support, ive had a annoying wiring issue with the connector on my mpc01 that I had to order a new wiring harness to try and resolve the issue otherwise im opening it up to solder in a new power wire for it to resolve it and figure out something better...
just for the sake of technical support id dedicate 1 unit to a diagnosis panel so you can test everything outside of the controller and current setup so you know when you extend wires to those items never installed in a unit you know work 100% a piece by piece diagnostic can resolve that its not hardware and may be a power issue or a wiring or connector issue.. my thoughts

Capwesty

Nov 8, 2018
Florida
Quick update, found the problem. Apparently the rear seat was taken out for cleaning and a screw went between the wires on re installation. Thanks again for all the help!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.