Cencom/Traffic Advisor Programming

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
I am setting up a Cencom and it will be controlling a 3-wire traffic advisor. As I understand it, output 9 must control the TA-Left function and the output 10 must control TA-Right function. Assuming I want normal functionality with the Flash button, is there a specific output that must be used for the TA-Flash option or can any input be used?

thanks in advance....

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I run a Tomar Blade Lightbar off a Cencom the Flash option does not work with it. The L, CO, and R work fine. What TA are you using .

philter74

May 27, 2010
Nyack, NY
John Hearne said:
I am setting up a Cencom and it will be controlling a 3-wire traffic advisor. As I understand it, output 9 must control the TA-Left function and the output 10 must control TA-Right function. Assuming I want normal functionality with the Flash button, is there a specific output that must be used for the TA-Flash option or can any input be used?

thanks in advance....

If you are using a 3 wire traffic advisor (ex: Whelen TAD series), what you would need to do is to connect the red wire from the TAD to another unused output (ex: output 7). When you configure the CenCom, select output 7 on both the directional and flash buttons.

So no, there is no specific output, however you need to use one of the higher current outputs as outlets 9 - 12 are only rated for 250ma.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.