Cencom wiring

amccullers

May 22, 2010
Wetumpka, Alabama
On a cencom it says fuse the 2 8ga wires at 50 amps each,how are ya'll doing this? Do you use a block like this Stinger SPD5625 Four Position Fused Distribution Block Car Audio - SPD5625.

A fuse block will be on another fuse also.

I bought a cencom red without any wires. I think I found the anderson connectors I need. Tell me if I'm wrong.

10 ft. 8 gauge Power Supply Cable with 75 amp Powerpoles [PSC-08] - $18.99 This would be for the power comming in and but another one for the 40 amp outlet.

Powerpole to Bare End Adapter [PP-2-Bare] - $6.99 I would get 2 of these for the 2 20amp outlets and system power

If anyone has the pieces to add the TA function or other wires let me know.

Thanks

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave

May 21, 2010
bath ny
amccullers said:
I bought a cencom red without any wires. I think I found the anderson connectors I need. Tell me if I'm wrong.
10 ft. 8 gauge Power Supply Cable with 75 amp Powerpoles [PSC-08] - $18.99 This would be for the power comming in and but another one for the 40 amp outlet.

Powerpole to Bare End Adapter [PP-2-Bare] - $6.99 I would get 2 of these for the 2 20amp outlets and system power

Thanks

Andrew

I had your same problem i used the 75 amp power pole connectors

Anderson Powerpole 75 Amp Power Pole Kit 6 Awg Wire | eBay

and i used these for the 2 smaller ones

Anderson Powerpole Sermos 30 Amp Kit Power Pole 10 Pairs | eBay

try these if you havent found any yet.

tbone745

Aug 26, 2011
Northbay, California
If anyone could help me, I just need the cable that runs from the control head to the brain...THATS IT. Help??

amccullers said:

Thanks

Andrew

Dave

May 21, 2010
bath ny
tbone745 said:
If anyone could help me, I just need the cable that runs from the control head to the brain...THATS IT. Help??

Have you tired Mother Whelen? its a funny plug not sure where you would find it

tbone745

Aug 26, 2011
Northbay, California
I can't even find parts for this sucker anywhere online (even Whelens website)other than the mic ext cable.....I'm surprised nobody has the mic for a Cencom on here they're willing to sell to me. I NEED ONE! lol I'll end up callling them as I wanna add the traffic advisor to mine to use on my liberty.

Dave said:
Have you tired Mother Whelen? its a funny plug not sure where you would find it

emboygwapo

Sep 1, 2011
USA, Ohio
amccullers said:
New question

Hello!

Would like to ask what type of connectors should i use for

1. low current(prog input 1,2,3,4; outlet 9,10,11,12) plug/wire harness?

2. backlight/radio input harness.

3. control head to amp/relay harness.

i have a whelen cencom gold with no wires. I plan to built my own wires.

Any input to the connector type/brand/model and size for each connection will help a lot. Thank you guys in advance!

emboygwapo

Sep 1, 2011
USA, Ohio
emboygwapo said:
Hello!

Would like to ask what type of connectors should i use for

1. low current(prog input 1,2,3,4; outlet 9,10,11,12) plug/wire harness?

2. backlight/radio input harness.

3. control head to amp/relay harness.

i have a whelen cencom gold with no wires. I plan to built my own wires.

Any input to the connector type/brand/model and size for each connection will help a lot. Thank you guys in advance!

forgot to add

4. system power wire harness

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.