Center console question...

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
Did anyone ever make a "molded" console for the 1997 - 1999 Ford Expeditions?

I've checked Havis, Jotto and such but didn't find anything, even in the discontinued sections.

I'm trying to install a switch panel or 2 in my 98 but I don't want it to look "cobbed".

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

D

Jordan_TCFD

May 22, 2010
Chattanooga,TN, Bryant,
I have a 99 Expedition, and the only thing I could ever find is a track mount from Gamber Johnson. Not sure if one could be found though. If you have the center console, then you'll have to remove it, like I did. I have a 18" Jotto Desk and a 18" Havis console in my vehicle. They are both just screwed to the floor. I was able to remove and reinstall the 6 CD changer in a way that it almost looks factory beside the console.Thanks

Jordan,TCFD

Shadow-D said:
I've checked Havis, Jotto and such but didn't find anything, even in the discontinued sections.

I'm trying to install a switch panel or 2 in my 98 but I don't want it to look "cobbed".

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

D

Have had the same problem with my 2000...I've pretty much decided that I'm SOL until I upgrade to a newer ride...

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
It looks like I'm going to have to make a decision at this point...

1) Deal with it as is

2) Do as Jordan suggested

3) Make my own setup with fiberglass and wood.

If I go the "custom" route, I have a couple of friends that could give me a hand with it.

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Ram's website shows legs for your year Expedition. Probably doesn't fit the 'molded' requirement, but shouldn't look cobbled together. They make straight and angled consoles. Maybe something in there that you'd like.

http://www.ram-mount.com/Products/Conso ... fault.aspx

http://www.ram-mount.com/EmptyPages/SEP ... fault.aspx

Shadow-D said:

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

D

bwheelz05

Aug 9, 2011
AZ/CO
Has anybody else since come up with a solution to the 99 expedition console issue? Anyone have ideas or even better,, PICTURES of installs with the console in place? Just received a 99 expedition 4x4 as the new(ish) squad. Don't think removing the center console is an issue.. been told its an easy thing to do. Anyone want to chime in? More insight would be helpful. Thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.