Central Lincoln County Ambulance AEV walkaround

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
Hmm.

Nice rig, I really like the paint scheme. Lighting is well done, fix some of the flash patterns, add some more white, and it'd be great.

The interior switch panel is absolutely terrible.

Reactions: rcfd34

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
The unfortunate thing is they are using a dodge ram for the base, I understand they are having issues with the dodge ambulances. A couple local departments near me are getting rid of them for Freightliner ambulances after a short time with the dodges, they wouldn't go into details but major electrical and engine issues, they were going to try and save the bodies as they have a few ford ambulances.

Reactions: ike

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
There's A LOT of switches, so, damn, many, switches. And all of them are the same, and placed right next to each other. A unified controller, with a 3-4 position slider, and multi-function buttons is much more better. Same amount of activation possibilities if not more, that can be operated by hand, eyes free.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
A unified controller, with a 3-4 position slider, and multi-function buttons is much more better. Same amount of activation possibilities if not more, that can be operated by hand, eyes free.

Federal standards for ambulance manufacturers (KKK-A-1822) are very specific about lighting configurations and modes, wiring, fusing, switching, even the font size for switch labels. Most all-in-one controllers won't cut it.

Personally, I've operated ambulances with multi function display/control panels (Braun) and with regular switch banks. Given that there's enough space in an ambulance cab to dedicate one full-size switch to each function, I far prefer that approach.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I’ll echo what Mtnman said as well as add my 2 cents for no charge..!
anyone sitting in that position should be very capable of understanding and properly operating a switch bank if they are the chauffeur. I’ve had to wheel big red boxes I’ve never seen before from neighboring towns and cities on occasion and everything is pretty easy to decipher. I think the huge touchscreens are usually harder to scan as quick as a bank of switches.
I love the thought process and execution on the OP’s ambo. Kudos and nice work!

Reactions: Tony P

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Are the lights really that dim or is it a flash rate camera issue? They seem very ineffective in daylight. I know strobes are impossible to video correctly is this the same issue? I like the look but the old timer in me just miss the bars and beacons.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
It's the camera. The service near me switched to the Whelen surface max or whatever this style is called and it blows the old style and M series away.

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
It's the camera. The service near me switched to the Whelen surface max or whatever this style is called and it blows the old style and M series away.
Surface max is a lower grade LED and is not brighter then the M series. Not sure where you are getting your info from.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Surface max is a lower grade LED and is not brighter then the M series. Not sure where you are getting your info from.
Seeing them with my own two eyes, they are brighter off axis for sure and head on. Never claimed it to be the gospel. Settle down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.