Centurion Amp Draw

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Afternoon all.

Looking to see if anyone has an idea of how much a 3 rotator Centurion light bar would draw.
A buddy got a deal for a 3 rotator bar off one of the fire trucks at work. And now he is looking to wire it up in his man cave over the bar. Looking to see how big of an invertor he needs.
Thanks for your help

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
The centurion had both 35 and 50 watt rotators. To be safe call each rotator 6amps. So a 20 amp inverter should cover it.

Seth

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Awesome. Thank you. I had figured on the 50watt bulbs and converted to amps. What I was unsure was the motors.
I was hoping the 20 amp would cover it.
Thank you again.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Sure thing. Most motors I've found to draw about an amp give or take. The 20amp supply should be fine.

Good luck!
Seth

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.