Wanted Centurion parts needed.

Romano71

Dec 1, 2019
NJ
I’m looking to convert the takedowns on my mini centurion to alternating flashers. Does anyone have the amber lower filters? I would need 2.

Attachments

• 10A3DAD0-608D-4824-86E0-BA8D3A03CDC7.jpeg
    10A3DAD0-608D-4824-86E0-BA8D3A03CDC7.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 13

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Those incandescent lamp modules look strikingly similar to those that belong in the Edge Duplex, 96xx series if I recall correctly:

y9RvmSJ.jpg

Source: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/whelen-duplex-halogen-units-9622-76370064

9LuRZjv.jpg

Source: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/whelen-duplex-edge-traffic-advisor-light-for

I wonder if the filters might be interchangeable.

Last edited:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have a light bar with lower filters. I'm pretty sure they're similar to the duplex edge bars, except the pattern of the lens is more fluted on the centurion. I can take a look at my bar tomorrow.

They are not the same as a duplex edge, they only share the halogen assembly
Centurion parts are somewhat on the rare side, but there looks to be enough room that you can take a section of amber edge lens and cut it down to fit in as a filter instead of trying to find the whole assembly
I have new and used lens sections and can cut to size if you can give good measurements

Reactions: Romano71
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Are they prehaps the same filters used on a DashKing?

I removed an arrow kit from a Centurion years ago. Pretty sure the filter/lens for the lower light is what holds the lighthead in place.

@Romano71 if you are not able to find amber filters and need them amber, you could try amber lens tape on the front of your current filters.

Romano71

Dec 1, 2019
NJ
Centurion parts are somewhat on the rare side, but there looks to be enough room that you can take a section of amber edge lens and cut it down to fit in as a filter instead of trying to find the whole assembly
I have new and used lens sections and can cut to size if you can give good measurements
I always like to look for the factory parts first but yes, that's an option. Probably a risky one trying not to crack the lens as I cut it to size.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.