Changing the pattern on the Valor lightbar?

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
I got assigned a marked car with the Valor lightbar on it. Fantastic lightbar, worlds apart from my first cruiser with a Code 3 LP6000 lightbar! The flash pattern that is on all of our cruisers is rather seizure inducing. I'd like to change the pattern on mine, but I cannot figure out how in the world to do it. Is this something that an end user can do, or do I need to take it up to our county shop and beg/borrow/bribe a tech to change it for me?

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I believe the programming for the valor is done within the SSP. As I recall the SSP acts as the serial interface box or SIB for the Valor.

If you can make friends with one of the install techs at the MontCo yard, maybe they can get you squared away.

I believe the software maybe on FS's website so that maybe another route.

Best of luck!
Seth

redbudjoe

Sep 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
I’ve just got ahold of a valor, so I’m learning about it and FedSig. Ive spoken to FedSig about it a few times o er the phone. If you have the SSP 2000 or 3000, you can download their software from the website to program the bar. From my understanding, you connect the siren brain to your computer, and you can customize the lightbar options. It does take the place of the serial interface, and is all run with the Cat5 data cables. If you can find the siren brain, and download their software you shouldn’t have too much problem figuring out how to change the pattern. But safe bet is to have a shop do it, if it’s an option for you. Best of luck!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.