"Charlotte", Mounted Horse Patrol, Houston, TX Police Department

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
After being frightened by a cement truck, Charlotte bucked her partner, Officer D. Herrejon and then ran into the street where she was hit by a car. Acting quickly, Herrejon layed down next to Charlotte, where he held her head as her last moments of life slipped away.

HPD release:
"It is with heavy hearts that we announce the death of Charlotte, an HPD Mounted Patrol horse, who died in the line of duty this morning in a motor vehicle accident. ...

Charlotte came to HPD as an unstarted 2-year old Tennessee Walker from Oklahoma. She thrived in HPD Mounted Patrol's barefoot and natural horsemanship programs. She passed her evaluation period with flying colors and was working the streets of Downtown Houston within a short time of being started under saddle. She loved her job and was always ready to go to work putting bad guys in jail or giving nuzzles to children. She served the citizens of Houston for 4 years.

She will be missed."

More information and photos in link below:
http://www.aol.com/article/2015/12/...9880/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058&intcmp=hplnws

credit: aol.com

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Respectfully reported. Thanks for posting it.

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
The circulating photo of Officer laying on the curb while she passed away was heartbreaking.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
https://www.facebook.com/Houstonpolice/posts/10153713827604720

"Weep not for me though I am gone
Into that gentle night.
Grieve if you will, but not for long
Upon my soul's sweet flight."

"I am at peace, my soul's at rest.
There is no need for tears.
For with your love I was so blessed
For all those many years."

'"There is no pain, I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts,
In your memory I live on."

"Remember not my fight for breath.
Remember not the strife.
Please do not dwell upon my death.
But celebrate my life."

Request From The Rainbow Bridge
Author Unknown

RIP "Officer Charlotte." You are 10-42.
Date of birth: 2009
End of watch: 12-03-2015

Reactions: Retired1

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.