Chicago Police 8000s ?????

Jeep YJ Dude

Dec 30, 2019
Illinois
Ok list. This is swinging back to the 80s. Did Whelen ever make any experimental 8000 series lightbars for Chicago Police Dept ???? Standard all blue bar with rear facing red cutouts for brake / turn signal operations. Thanks. Dave

Reactions: Tony P

Dingo

May 30, 2012
usa, maine
I don’t know for sure, I’ve looked through many pics over the years and never have seen one,it’s very possible though,every once and awhile the city near me would throw on a oddball Lightbar on a car, I always assumed that the company sent them one to test run in hopes they would outfit their whole fleet.

Jeep YJ Dude

Dec 30, 2019
Illinois
I don’t know for sure, I’ve looked through many pics over the years and never have seen one,it’s very possible though,every once and awhile the city near me would throw on a oddball Lightbar on a car, I always assumed that the company sent them one to test run in hopes they would outfit their whole fleet.
Reason i am asking. A individual on another media posted a pic of a 8000 series blue lens with a red cutout. He said it was a ultra rare lens for a experimental CPD bar. Thing is. CPD was heavy on Mars lights on their fleet. With a few blue Jetstrobes in the mix also. And when Whelen got the contract. The fleet was outfitted with 9000 series Edge bars. I'm not saying it could not have happened. I'm just trying to see if anyone could verify if they had one or two. Would love to see a photo if one exists.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.