Chicago Question.

EMT

May 22, 2010
NYC, NY
I've looked it up and figured it would just be quicker to ask the experts. . .

Does anyone know the make/model (I am pretty sure it's Code3 and a custom model) of lightbar used by Chicago Fire ambulances and Police vehicles?

It's an absolutely gorgeous bar and I always try and get a glimpse when they cruise by.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all. :p

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
yes that is a code 3 it was one of the first led bars the code 3 came out with it came out back in 2006 or 2007. LAFD also uses this lightbar.

EMT

May 22, 2010
NYC, NY
DEPUTYSTEPHENSON said:
CPD just uses Whelen Edge strobe bars and Code 3 2100 (optics) bars I believe.

They have been phasing out their strobe bars.... I very seldom see them anymore (unless I am on the south side :roll: )... I will be sure to take a good look next time I am in the city for an extended period of time. I think you're right on the 2100 optics bars.

pondfly

May 21, 2010
IL
Which week and where in town depends on the bar. At the airport, on LSD all different. They've been on a testing binge lately. They have not been using strobes in several years now.

May 21, 2010
Bolingbrook Illinois
The XFR2300 is one of the most expensive lightbars that I've ever seen. When "Jimmy Diesel" was still in business, they installed the first one that I saw. The parts manager said that the bar sold for over $2800.00. It listed much higher. Good light output but I have a freedom on my ambulance that out shines anything that I've seen in service around here.

John

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.