Negative Chief2Installer make it right, very inaccurate / deceptive item

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Seller promised Alpha12Q, I got an alpha 12 M with the tag cut to remove the M on the front, missed the tag on the back. Pics attached. Make this right and refund the purchase price and I will return the item if you want to list in accurately and remove this feedback.

"I have (3) Whelen Alpha 12Q remote siren modules. All units are in good condition and are working perfectly! All 3 units have the original and infamous Q (executor) siren tone that received lots of attention and was later replaced by a altered version of a mechanical siren tone known today as the Whelen M tone.
Units will require the 2 Whelen electrical connectors 1 x 6 pin & 1 x 9 pin. (Available for approx. $9 on eBay) Or you can make your own connections with crimp on push in terminals.
Factory wiring diagram will be emailed if required for connection of modules."

Attachments

• notq2.jpg
    notq2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 22
  • notQ1.jpg
    notQ1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 22

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Seller promised Alpha12Q, I got an alpha 12 M with the tag cut to remove the M on the front, missed the tag on the back. Pics attached. Make this right and refund the purchase price and I will return the item if you want to list in accurately and remove this feedback.

"I have (3) Whelen Alpha 12Q remote siren modules. All units are in good condition and are working perfectly! All 3 units have the original and infamous Q (executor) siren tone that received lots of attention and was later replaced by a altered version of a mechanical siren tone known today as the Whelen M tone.
Units will require the 2 Whelen electrical connectors 1 x 6 pin & 1 x 9 pin. (Available for approx. $9 on eBay) Or you can make your own connections with crimp on push in terminals.
Factory wiring diagram will be emailed if required for connection of modules."

The promised replacement never arrived and I am not getting any reply to emails. I think it is safe to say the original scam I reported is pretty accurate. I could get a paypal refund, but I would have to send the unit back and risk him having nothing in his account to refund me. I will keep the unit as an example of a unique time when Whelen tones didn't match the labels. I am still very disappointed that this sort of thing gets pulled on here, but I'm glad it was me and not some other person who actually needed the item.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.