chp vision lightbar pattern

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
can someone tell me which pattern on vision have CHP?

or what options they have on vision pad?

and if someone have it in his collection can he post a video?

what color combination of domes it have?

please help if you can.

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
Thet dont use the vision pad. They run it of the GE ranger system Domes from driver side to passenger side are as follows.....clear dome red to the front blue to the rear, clear dome blue to the front red to the rear, clear dome clear to the front TD blue to the rear, center pod is a red dome, right side is set up exact same way as driver side...the two outside pods also have clear cutouts to the side for alley lights.....

the have about 8 diffrent patterns set up for the vision and they have changed over the years too...maybe someone else can go over them or has a video..Im just out of time to explain them all :)

CHP uses several buttons on the GE Rangr radio head to control the Vision system. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but here's what I recall:

Red/WW: Press once- Pods 1/7 steady red front, Pods 3/5 blue oscillate rear**, Signalmaster on. Press twice- Same, adds w/w headlights and Pod 4 oscillating to front. This is a common "one-touch" button used for traffic stops, as it activates both front and rear low-level warning at one time.

Rr Amb/Red: Press once- Pods 1/7 oscilllate blue to rear, Signalmaster on. Press twice- adds Pods 2/6 oscillating red to rear.

**If clear TD button activated, Pods 3/5 become takedowns, can't remember if another set of pods become rear oscillators, but I THINK only has amber Signalmaster to rear at that point.

Code 3: There is one button that when pressed, activates whole light bar. All pods but 4 are standard speed rotators, with Pod 4 red steady burn forward, Signalmaster on. Pressing * button and this button activates as before but without Signalmaster (which is blinding to trailing cars in a pursuit, hence this option).

That is a basic summary of the Rangr functions. I think there are a few variations out there, but that was the standard when I was working with them.

Reactions: denko3

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.