Wanted CJ-184 Motor Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue161

Feb 7, 2017
Hubert, NC
My CJ-184 has the original motor, but it is very noisy, so I bought a replacement NOS motor. The problem is that the new motor is round (Twin Sonic motor) and the mount that I have is for the oval style motor. Does anyone have the mount that allows for the round Twin Sonic motors to be mounted in this light, or do i just need to fabricate a mount myself? Thanks in advance.

rescue161

Feb 7, 2017
Hubert, NC
Well, I actually just got it to work better by adjusting the gap on the gears. It was set too tight. I'm trying to work out a deal on a Twin Sonic right now, so I probably should keep this motor just in case. Thank you anyway and sorry to open a thread just to close it. I should have checked that gap to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.