Support Classifieds suggestion

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
I find it difficult to wade through the items for sale that I cannot use because they are simply the WRONG COLOR.

Is it possible to add an icon or color somehow to the sales threads so we know at a glance if we should click the link or not? Alternatively, posters should be required to post the color in the thread title, i.e. "Whelen items for sale BLUE" or "Lots of stuff BLUE/AMBER" or "lights for sale MULTI COLORS"

Reactions: Chris W

Chris W

Mar 27, 2014
NJ
I find it difficult to wade through the items for sale that I cannot use because they are simply the WRONG COLOR.

Is it possible to add an icon or color somehow to the sales threads so we know at a glance if we should click the link or not? Alternatively, posters should be required to post the color in the thread title, i.e. "Whelen items for sale BLUE" or "Lots of stuff BLUE/AMBER" or "lights for sale MULTI COLORS"
We will have to discuss this among the staff., seems like a great idea though.

Upvote 0

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
Thank you. This has plagued my search for equipment for many years here as you may click an ad for something you want, wade through the chaff, possibly no picture accompanying it, and finally discover its the wrong color for you. With luck there is a solution built into the board software that's easy for the staff to implement if they choose to go forward on it.

Upvote 0

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
The only issue I see here, is sellers not setting up the ads properly (for example, not selecting a color icon). Some would take advantage of the idea, some would ignore it (like all the other rules they ignore in every post.)

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.