Cliffside Park NJ Fire Department New Ladder 1

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
All I can say is that is one very well-equipped volunteer fire department.

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
saw something interesting before the video even started.................3 ladder trucks??

The tower, one off the right side of it, and this one??

why would any fire department need 3 ladder trucks??

on a nicer note............ME LIKEY!!!!!!

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
MX7K_Collector_2010 said:
saw something interesting before the video even started.................3 ladder trucks??

The tower, one off the right side of it, and this one??

why would any fire department need 3 ladder trucks??

on a nicer note............ME LIKEY!!!!!!

FDNY I am sure needs more than 3 ladder trucks

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
CACBAND said:
No joking, I've seen some nice VFDs but this tops them all.
You think so? They have a new ladder, a newish engine, and the rest is older equipment. Looks to me like a department that buys a new truck every 5-8 years, and never gets rid of any of them. I wonder what the price on that ladder was though. :undecided:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Looks great, but I just cannot bring myself to embrace blue lights on fire/ems equipment. The blue, strip lights inside the ladder are neat.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
stansdds said:
Looks great, but I just cannot bring myself to embrace blue lights on fire/ems equipment. The blue, strip lights inside the ladder are neat.

+1

If I saw a ton of red/blue lights, I would automatically think a huge police incident was going on. Red lights are fire trucks, red/blue is police.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
LOVE the truck, LOVE the Red/black color, and LOVE the black ladder. But i agree, WAY too much blue lights. i do however like blue on the REAR of a fire truck, just not a llllllllll over it.

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
ISU_Cyclone said:
+1

If I saw a ton of red/blue lights, I would automatically think a huge police incident was going on. Red lights are fire trucks, red/blue is police.

You would be surprised going through Iowa then. Many newer engines and ambulances have blue all over them.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
chono said:
You would be surprised going through Iowa then. Many newer engines and ambulances have blue all over them.

All my extended family lives in Iowa, and every time I drive there I think a SWAT van is coming up behind me 10-39....then I see it's an ambulance :)

Cam

May 20, 2010
MO
I like the blue. I noticed a couple days ago that one of my city's ladder trucks had some of it's body strobe lens changed to blue. They have in the past always had all red set ups on their trucks with red/blue on their SUV's and pickups. Glad to see some blue on the big trucks now.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
Cam said:
I like the blue. I noticed a couple days ago that one of my city's ladder trucks had some of it's body strobe lens changed to blue. They have in the past always had all red set ups on their trucks with red/blue on their SUV's and pickups. Glad to see some blue on the big trucks now.

So they use blue lights in "none" USA now? Might want to fix that...

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Whats wrong with blue on fire trucks? Just because they don't do it that way where you are from, doesn't mean its wrong. I would think a volunteer firefighter was coming up behind me if I went to Virginia and they were decked out in all blue. Not too long ago, state police cars here ran all red, and now the ones on the parkway use red in the front still. If you don't like it, don't do it to your next truck and you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
theroofable said:
You think so? They have a new ladder, a newish engine, and the rest is older equipment. Looks to me like a department that buys a new truck every 5-8 years, and never gets rid of any of them. I wonder what the price on that ladder was though. :undecided:

Agreed. Looks like reserve equipment to me.

Great looking truck, love the color scheme and the red/blue lighting.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I LOVE it! split lightheads are the only thing i don't like, but Pierce does a great job, and I like how the truck committee got the striplites along the side of the truck

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
theroofable said:
Whats wrong with blue on fire trucks? Just because they don't do it that way where you are from, doesn't mean its wrong. I would think a volunteer firefighter was coming up behind me if I went to Virginia and they were decked out in all blue. Not too long ago, state police cars here ran all red, and now the ones on the parkway use red in the front still. If you don't like it, don't do it to your next truck and you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Thats what I was thinking.. but makes vehicles stick out alot more.... many people are red/green colorblind and blue sticks out way better to them

More colors as long as they are in sync and not a purple blob.. are way more effective then one color alone.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.