Closeup of Connecticut S.P. removable lightbar bracket?

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
I'm looking for a closeup of the removable Whelen lightbar brackets the Conn. State Police use. Also, a model number for the bracket (it is for a 2013 Toyota Tubdra Crew-Cab).
Over the past 3 weeks, I've searched our eLB forum posts, Whelen's website, Google, & even hundreds of photobucket pics of the cars. I can't find even one photo of the bracket, thus I reluctantly post here for help.
Thanks!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Out of curiosity, why are you looking into a quick disconnect full-size lightbar? They just seem so impractical IMO; if you need a fullsize bar, then go with a low profile bar with clear lenses to decrease the Amy of attention drawn to you when it's off, or get a magnet minibar or beacon to throw on top if you only have the sporadic need for 360 warning on the roof to complement your other interior and perimeter lighting.

Also, you're not gonna find a model # of a whelen strap/bracket for a Tundra. If you get your hands on a CSP bracket (try contacting emtanderson51 of MHQ, who does CSP installs), it'll be for something like a NGPI that you'd have to modify on your own

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
Pdk9,
Wanting a quick disconnect due to parking garage I park in every few weeks, & due to an automatic car wash that has an appetite for light bars. Also for when I take the wife out on a date. I don't like the 24/7 firefighter/"Larry Lightbar" look, so I want something I can remove when not on call. I also do fire investigation consulting for law firms & insurance companies, & it could cause a potential bad faith tort if insureds see me pull up with lights on top (not to mention my personal safety, as I don't want them to think I'm a police officer). Thus, I keep the two totally separate.
The Liberty already has clear lenses--I can't stand colored lenses unless it's on a pumper or ambulance.
The problem with the minibar is 1) I don't want to buy another light, & 2) the trucks wide & deep roofline blocks minibar visibility when parked on an incline or grade. I've had complaints on occasions when I had a low profile Able-2/Sho-Me mini led bar on the roof.
I can't stand interior lights because of the horrible flashback at night.
Hence, this is why I am trying to see if the Conn. S.P. style bracket may be a solution to my above listed problems. However, first I need to find a photo of one, which no one has offered yet.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Doesn't CODE3 have a multi-pin plug/jack set?
Actually what I'm thinking of is their quick connect power coupling, not a lightbar mount.

Last edited:

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
Doesn't CODE3 have a multi-pin plug/jack set?
Actually what I'm thinking of is their quick connect power coupling, not a lightbar mount.
I found the thread on here (eLB) about the Whelen pin wiring connector, but not the mount. I figure a Deutsch connector multi pin setup should work fine for what I'm needing.

Reactions: Bvfa23

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
Unless the Bar is wecan it will not work. in the csp plug its power and date and gets screw mounted to the roof and looks like a wedge. they will go on any vehicle

Reactions: bmd224

Lukester102

Jan 16, 2018
Chelsea, AL
Unless the Bar is wecan it will not work. in the csp plug its power and date and gets screw mounted to the roof and looks like a wedge. they will go on any vehicle
Ok. I know this is an old thread but, you seem to know a lot about said “quick connect” I’ve been researching this thing for 6 hours now. You’re the only person I’ve seen to have found that know anything about this. Do you know of any way for me to get my hands on one? Or a model number? Something!!

BLUELIGHT

Jul 7, 2018
Hendersonville NC
Years ago I had a four beam revolving beacon mounted on a threaded lamp "rod". Drilled a hole through the roof and headliner to accept the threaded rod and epoxied the nut for the rod into a socket. The nut and socket would be run down hand tight when in use. Ibelieve I had two wires running through the rod, but there was room for more. Used single pole slip connectors so they could be run through the socket/nut assembly Kept a rubber hole cover like for removing antennas on decomissioned police cars in the hole when not in use. I could go from slick top to full warning light mode in under a minute. Worked well with no leakage. Only down side was having a hole in the roof and headliner.

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
Ok. I know this is an old thread but, you seem to know a lot about said “quick connect” I’ve been researching this thing for 6 hours now. You’re the only person I’ve seen to have found that know anything about this. Do you know of any way for me to get my hands on one? Or a model number? Something!!

if you want info on plug give chester a call

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.