Cobra 800

May 23, 2010
LaGrange, KY
I recently purchased a cobra 800 and installed it in my back window. Love the light but the one big complaint I have about it is the modules do not seem to fit snuggly in the casing. You can move the modules up and down slightly. When you hit a bump they rattle. Is this normal for these style of bars?? Thanks

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Definitely not. I've got an 800, and 4 200's. None of them rattle. Did you buy it used or new? If it was new, I'd recommend contacting the seller and try to get them to remedy. All Feniex lights have a 5 year warranty too. They've been very good about getting things repaired in my past experience.

May 23, 2010
LaGrange, KY
The way I understand the Feniex warranty it only covers the original purchaser when it was bought new unlike Whelen that covers their products no matter who owns them , as long as it is within the warranty period

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
The way I understand the Feniex warranty it only covers the original purchaser when it was bought new unlike Whelen that covers their products no matter who owns them , as long as it is within the warranty period

Wasn't the case with a feniex item I had. Call them and ask. They were always great to work with. I usually dealt with Tom.

May 9, 2012
Central Florida

Most definitely not the case. All you do is create an RMA on their website, send the item(s) to them and they either fix them or just send you a new unit. They have never once asked me if I bought the module(s) or were they used etc. I've probably had at least 10-15 RMAs with no issues at all.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
They never asked if I had bought new or used. I just created the RMA and sent away. I had very good luck, their customer service is real good.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.