Cobra Lightbar and WideLux release

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Im trying to spec a rescue truck with all feniex lighting. Looking to do a 49" Cobra bar, and all widelux perimeter lights. When can i expect these two items to begin shipping?

CEVS

Jun 1, 2010
NJ
Wide lux with clear lenses are available now.  The cobra bars are not far behind, they are being brought into production now, 2-3 week lead time at the moment.

Reactions: Storm4200

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Are the Red/Blue widelux split colors or DUO?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
left right unless 9x7 then it does quads (still left right)

dmfavata

Mar 8, 2013
Florham Park, NJ
If I got the wide lux in split colors, can I activate each color separately? So only have half the light flash at one time, and then another switch to activate the other half. Also are these only good for off axis lighting or would these be good for grille lights?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Clear only are shipping now. Not sure when colored will start shipping.

Dave. I'm not certain on that. I'll have to order a pair and try. They are wide angle though. I wouldn't put them behind a grille. On a grille. Would be awesome

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
I tried ordering a colored lens version for demo and they said they are expecting them to be ready towards the end of the year.

Dave: You can not activate each color separately. Their is only 1 wire for flashing, however brake, tail and turn/steady functions can each be setup to light up the full lighthead, just the right, or just the left half. They have good off axis lighting but  are bright head on. I think they would be alright to use behind the grille. I have the 7x3 and 6x4 models. You would have to figure out a mounting solution though since their L brackets would not work with the wide-lux series without modifications.

Last edited by a moderator:

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
I tried ordering a colored lens version for demo and they said they are expecting them to be ready towards the end of the year.

Dave: You can not activate each color separately. Their is only 1 wire for flashing, however brake, tail and turn/steady functions can each be setup to light up the full lighthead, just the right, or just the left half. They have good off axis lighting but  are bright head on. I think they would be alright to use behind the grille. I have the 7x3 and 6x4 models. You would have to figure out a mounting solution though since their L brackets would not work with the wide-lux series without modifications.

Can you shoot some videos? Comparison with an F6 and T6 would be sweet! I want a pair of the 7x3 for the grille of my Tahoe but want to make sure they are worth the price.

dmfavata

Mar 8, 2013
Florham Park, NJ
Well I guess I'm gonna have to order them. They are gonna be mounted on the front of my truck on the grille guard to replace my cobra 600. This is the best pic I have of the front for now.

truck.jpg

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Can you shoot some videos? Comparison with an F6 and T6 would be sweet! I want a pair of the 7x3 for the grille of my Tahoe but want to make sure they are worth the price.

Yes I can, I don't know how soon I'll have the video(s). It might be later in the week since I'll be on the road the next two days. It will be vs the T6, I do not have a red F6 in stock right now and won't for another week. I will also use a dual stacked version of the T6 so it's a fair comparison.

Reactions: okc_f150

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
I was able to test the 7x3 vs the dual stacked T6's before leaving work today. The video quality is not that great, so here are the results of the test. The 7x3 is just as bright, if not slightly brighter than a single T6. The 7x3 vs the dual stacked T6's, the T6's are brighter. So, for behind the grille stick with dual stacked T6's. If you are mounting them in front of the grille I would recommend using the 7x3 for the benefit of the off axis.

Reactions: Storm4200

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
So the taillight function could act as cruise lights....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.