Code 3 55" Lightbar Red $175 shipped. Final asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer8307

Nov 19, 2014
Illinois/Chicago
55" code 3 lightbar for sale. Possibly used on Ambulance. 3 rotators. Outer has cascade mirrors. Center rotator is fast speed. $175 shipped. (FIRM). No international sales. Need to make space. Minor scrathes, 1 small crack on endcap but fixable or replaceable. Red domes. 1 dome is newer than the others. Works fine. Paypal only. Pm for details/questions. Looking to get rid of quick. Need cash and space in garage. Will toss this week if not sold.

IMG_7934.JPG IMG_7935.JPG IMG_7936.JPG IMG_7937.JPG IMG_7938.JPG IMG_7939.JPG IMG_7940.JPG

Last edited:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Just 3 rotators?

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
I don't think he's asking a question. He's trying to help you sell your lightbar by adding details of what it is you're trying to sell, rather than just posting a generic title like "Code 3 Lightbar Red" for sale.

Reactions: Tony P
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Bump. Come on guys. Not giving it away. But I don’t want to toss it either.

Might have better luck on the bay? I listed a light like this on here for a friend of mine and that's the route he took to get it sold.

YMMV

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
No, collectors do want them, they just don't want to pay what you're asking. I understand shipping can be costly, but these vintage lightbars from this era are worth considerably less than what you're asking.

You also have to take into consideration that the lightbar you are trying to sell has a very basic configuration and doesn't have too many options in it. It seems to have one rotator per side and a cascade mirror.

Just like there was a seller on here who wanted an insane amount of money for an LP6000. You're never going to move a vintage lightbar from this era at that price. I'm sure you might take this as an insult, but the simple fact is these lightbars can regularly be found for 50-75 dollars. Collectors will pay up for a lightbar, but you don't have a Mars Skybolt, CTS, NYPD Aero, or the like. The lightbar you're trying to sell is a common, not a rare.

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I can agree with above statement......only paid $50 shipped for my 55" xl bar and that was with 4 rotators, diamond mirrors and clear domes
No, collectors do want them, they just don't want to pay what you're asking. I understand shipping can be costly, but these vintage lightbars from this era are worth considerably less than what you're asking.

You also have to take into consideration that the lightbar you are trying to sell has a very basic configuration and doesn't have too many options in it. It seems to have one rotator per side and a cascade mirror.

Just like there was a seller on here who wanted an insane amount of money for an LP6000. You're never going to move a vintage lightbar from this era at that price. I'm sure you might take this as an insult, but the simple fact is these lightbars can regularly be found for 50-75 dollars. Collectors will pay up for a lightbar, but you don't have a Mars Skybolt, CTS, NYPD Aero, or the like. The lightbar you're trying to sell is a common, not a rare.

Engineer8307

Nov 19, 2014
Illinois/Chicago
Ya well im not going that low. That’s ridicoulous.

175 shipped. Final asking price. If not its going in the trash this Thursday. Either way im losing money. If its not rare or wanted then might as well toss it.

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Ya well im not going that low. That’s ridicoulous.

175 shipped. Final asking price. If not its going in the trash this Thursday. Either way im losing money. If its not rare or wanted then might as well toss it.

Ya know just a heads up, but instead of tossing out a perfectly nice looking lightbar, you could always try parting it out.

I know im on the lookout for a red dome with the metal strip, and you have one on the bar that you're selling.

May not get whatever you paid for the bar back, but its just an idea :)

Engineer8307

Nov 19, 2014
Illinois/Chicago
You guys call yourselves collectors but then want everything for cheap or next to nothing. That’s ridiculous. $175 shipped i think is fair for a display bar for the garage or basement. Its 50-60 to ship.

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
You guys call yourselves collectors but then want everything for cheap or next to nothing. That’s ridiculous. $175 shipped i think is fair for a display bar for the garage or basement. Its 50-60 to ship.

That's not really a correct statement. I've seen many collectors on here pay considerable amounts of money for certain items. The problem here is the bar your selling is neither rare or packed with options. It's pretty much a base NFPA spec bar but that doesn't mean your asking price isn't unfair. $175 is a good price but you have to be patient. You have to think about how many people are looking for a lightbar for either a collection piece or to be used on equipment. It takes time to sell these items. Just be patient unless your really the eager to get rid of it. And instead of trashing it you could always donate it to the local PD or FD and then someone could at least put it to good use. But I wish you luck with your sell!

Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
Please do not comment further unless you are interested in making a purchase or have a question about the bar. The seller has made their price clear.

Posts too far off topic or too far into beating a dead horse have been removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.