Code 3 700 Flasher issues

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
I'm building a custom MX-7000 for a local vollie fireman. I installed a set of flashers on the bottom deck and hooked them to a Code 3 model 700 flasher module. I followed the Code 3 installation guide for lightbar installation and have an issue.

The unit will work fine...however intermittently it will stop flashing and steady burn on one side. I tried a couple different grounds and I thought it was fine, but when I went to activate a little bit ago it came on but would not flash, just one bulb stays lit. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Either the relay is broken, or you're crossing one of the positive wires in there… I had the same problem when rewiring my MX, but I forgot how exactly I caused it. Works just fine now, though.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I have seen this happen when the 700-series flashers have been overloaded for long periods of time. If tapping on the relays with the handle of a screwdriver starts the lights alternating again, then it's time to replace the flasher.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
ChargerLighting said:
How about replacing it with a Tridon flasher, or something less expensive, etc.?

Had one laying around but couldn't get it to work. Might have to buy a new one. Anyone have a Wagner or Tridon part number for an alternating flasher?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The old thermal ones were model 537. Your local gyp-joint auto parts store can probably look up the part number for whatever supersedes it these days.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.