For Sale Code 3 ArrowStik 6-LED control box

TXDPSCJ

Aug 6, 2023
NJ
I have (1) Code 3 ArrowStik 6-LED Controller. I had purchased this for my restoration before finding a complete ArrowStik with its own controller.

I do not have a need for this extra unit.

This was used to control the Code 3 ArrowStik amber light bar - usually referred to as the "Traffic Commander".

NOTES:

- This unit is used. Please review all pics for condition.

- The exterior of box shows wear, but these are easy to restore - repaint, etc.

- I do not have any manuals or operating guides (however wiring diagram is on bottom of unit). I do not have any additional wiring (this would come from the ArrowStik to the back of the controller). No mounting hardware or brackets.

- It will need the green "L" plug that plugs into the back, these are on eBay for $12 or less depending on who's selling it:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/31471381299...mis&media=COPY

These Code 3 boxes are very hard to find in the (6) LED configuration, the units with (8) LEDs seem to be more common.

$70.00 Shipped to the US 48, insured and with tracking number.IMG_5328.jpegIMG_5329.jpegIMG_5330.jpegIMG_5331.jpegIMG_5332.jpegIMG_5333.jpeg

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
This is one of the very oldest ArrowStik controllers. Potential buyers should know that this ArrowStik controller uses positive side switching, whereas the newer ArrowStik controllers all use ground side switching.

Reactions: TXDPSCJ

TXDPSCJ

Aug 6, 2023
NJ
Thank you very much @shues and @Master X for the additional info to help a potential buyer with their decision. The box does have an August 1993 date on the bottom of it as seen in the image.

—-

I do have question about the positive vs ground switch change. Do either of you know the approximate date range of when that changed?

Was the positive side switching still applicable to all boxes that physically looked like the above controller?

Or did the change apply after that style of controller?

Master X

Jan 11, 2024
Lodi, WI
I can't say for sure, from what I gather late 80s early 90s. Any collector or buyer who is experienced should know what to do if you clearly state the controller is Positive switched.

Reactions: TXDPSCJ

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.