Code 3 AS2

Irishrover68

Feb 19, 2021
Tacoma Washington
I just picked up a pair of Code 3 AS2 deck lights recently, and have a quick question. Aside from the hot and ground wires coming out of the two lights, there's also a white wire. Does anyone know what I need to connect this too, or is it even used? I'm assuming these already have a built in flasher, but I haven't had the chance to connect them to power yet to see.

Thanks in advance.

RCMoeur

Apr 26, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
AS2s typically didn’t have a built-in flasher (I used them for warning and S-T-T on my truck in the early 90s). The three wires are hot for one bulb, hot for the other bulb, and common ground.

Irishrover68

Feb 19, 2021
Tacoma Washington
AS2s typically didn’t have a built-in flasher (I used them for warning and S-T-T on my truck in the early 90s). The three wires are hot for one bulb, hot for the other bulb, and common ground.
That's good to know. I actually had one of these about 10 years ago, age the person I bought it from wired a cigar plug to it, but it flashed alternately. I'm assuming he probably installed a flasher somehow.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.