Wanted Code 3 dtech dichroic filter rotators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Hello all im looking for a few of the code 3 dtech rotators for a code 360 bar need 3 rotators and the dichroic filters for them one blue one red or 2 red/blue and one amber or amber/blue or amber/red these are for my town department trying to restore an older police vehicle for parades and such these rotators seem to be a pain to find in my area pictures of what the dichroic rotators look like are below (google ones as the bar only has its 2 standard rotators currently was a d tech mx7000 but had standard ones swapped in in amber) its a clear dome bar with a unique color filter on each rotator (these were dichroic mirrors and filters) these were used in the mx7000, 360, and some mini bars as well please let me know if you happen to have anything even just the filters to put on to the rotators would be much appreciated also a working set of the intersection sweeps as well would be a big help ide love to get this mx back to its former glory with the great looking d-tech rotators back in it again

thanks for any assistance

Attachments

• hqdefault (1).jpg
    hqdefault (1).jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 17
  • hqdefault (2).jpg
    hqdefault (2).jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
They are only made in R/B or B/A combos.

They come in glass and plastic as well as standard and high speed.

The coating flakes off the plastic ones over time with heat. If they are not being used much then they should last quite a long time. The glass ones do not fade.

Ideally you would want the standard speed rotators as the high speed ones flash so fast they are described as twinkling.

I have 2 mint plastic ones in each color that I am interested in replacing with R/B glass. I purchased them NOS and have only run them with low watt bulbs on my display (5 watt I think). I prefer to run a full power bulb but also want to keep them in perfect condition.

I have a video of my MX7000. It has 3 glass and 2 plastic (everyother). Being filmed so close to the bar the mirrors do not reflect properly (gotta be further back then I could get)

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Interesting to know i don't personally know a whole lot about them so your info is very interesting these rotators wont be used a whole lot only special occasions like perades and the like so crazy brightness is not a big deal so running them with weaker bulbs is fine I assume they came stock with 55W bulbs or 35W

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Interesting to know i don't personally know a whole lot about them so your info is very interesting these rotators wont be used a whole lot only special occasions like perades and the like so crazy brightness is not a big deal so running them with weaker bulbs is fine I assume they came stock with 55W bulbs or 35W
I have seen them with the H1 (55w) and 795 (50w) bulbs. My glass ones run the 795. I ran H1 bulbs for about a minute in the video then swapped the bases to take the bayonet base. Typically the only reason to run lower wattage bulbs is for power consumption while running off 110v.

If you get plastic ones that have not started flaking off (will look like glitter when it is coming off) they should last quite a while with normal bulbs if you are not using it regularly. If you cant find glass ones I would still run 50/55w bulbs if you are not using it regularly.

The glass ones use a black plastic trim ring to hold them together. The plastic ones will not have the black around the outside. I can get close up pix if the differences if you need but that is the simplest way to tell the difference by looking at them.

I am not looking very hard but if I find some Ill let ya know. They are definately a unique evolution to the standard rotator. Look forward to seeing yours when ya get it set up.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
It would be a great help if you could help me find a couple ive only seen the plastic ones never seen the glass ones before the plastic ones are fine for my needs H1 bases should do fine since those bulbs are easy to get though the bayonet ones will be fine too im not picky lol if you happen across the glass ones you need ill gladly have the plastic ones I haven't found a thing of any dtech rotators for sale or anything at all :( I might be doing something wrong or just no luck here in Canada even us sites ive tried though limited to what zip codes I knew lol you might have better luck then me

May 31, 2010
Aurora, Coloado
DTECH….. The ORIGINAL DUAL COLORED LIGHT!

maybe it is maybe it is not... just a joke, not starting a battle of who did what first!!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.