code 3 essex series question

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
whats up guys/gals, I have a question for the panel. Does anybody have any experience with the code 3 Essex series lights, specifically the dual blue 7" version. I was going to put these in my rear hatch window of my 13 explorer and was wondering how they would do through the factory window tint.

I posted a link down below to show exactly what i was talking about.
https://www.code3esg.com/us/en/products/Interior_Vehicle_Lighting/Essex-Series

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
whats up guys/gals, I have a question for the panel. Does anybody have any experience with the code 3 Essex series lights, specifically the dual blue 7" version. I was going to put these in my rear hatch window of my 13 explorer and was wondering how they would do through the factory window tint.

I posted a link down below to show exactly what i was talking about.
https://www.code3esg.com/us/en/products/Interior_Vehicle_Lighting/Essex-Series

The problem with the Torus design is that it’s a linear optic, so it’s great for off-axis but lacks the heads-on intensity of a TIR optic that you want for the rear window & tint. You’d be better going with something like a Feniex Fusion 40, Whelen Ion, SOS Ghost, etc

emtpals

Apr 8, 2013
IL/WI
I have one of these as a dash light (Blue/Blue), and as pdk mentioned they don't cut through tint that well. If you want to see them in action, they are the standard dash-light for most of Chicago PD's detective and unmarked vehicles. If you want to try one out for cheap, I would be more than happy to sell you mine as I just moved to a state that uses red lights instead of blue.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.