Code 3 Excalibur lightbar questions

cromwell

Aug 30, 2010
Finland, Europe
Hi folks !

I have just bought this used Code 3 Excalibur strobe lightbar and have some questions.

1. The lightbar has four strobe outlets but only two of them seems to work, could I have connected something wrong or is the powersupply on it´s last days?
(The control wire harness is missing from this lightbar)

2. One of the strobelights are bad, can I use a strobelight from a Whelen LFL bar that I have laying here? I guess black is black and red is red but trigger is white on the Whelen light but the trigger has got two wires on the Code3 light (one is a very thin wire).

3.How many lights can I connect to the lower halogen flashers?
At the moment there are four flashing lights...and I was thinking of turning it into eight flashing lights. Can the flashers handle so many lights?

May 25, 2010
Quincy, Illinois
You may replace the strobes with dual stack C3 X6 as I had one of these before LED's took over and loved the lower intersection strobes and the mixed in rotators, but the upper strobes were not bright at all as they were non existent during the day and minimal at night. C3 has never had a decent strobe light and so to make it more visible at night I took the covers off the strobes and ran them clear with R/B rotators. The Excalibur is my all time favorite lightbar and I would love to build and mixed bar out of one.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
the LED modules from the Code 3 2100 are a direct replacement for the flashers or strobes in the lower deck of a Excalibur.
My Excalibur project that I am just finishing up has 2 3-up Optix Modules between the Takedowns and Intersection Sweeps, and 1 6-up Optix in the center pod. This bar is meant to switch between Blue(cuortosey, Regular FF) to Red(Chief, for when I fill in) in under 10 min. when I swap it to Red, It has LEDX modules between the Sweep and TD, and in the lower center.
The Arrowstick was swapped to LED modules, and the outer rear corners are going to be Blue Feniex T3's.

This thread shows my conversion of a Excalibur lower to a 2100:
http://elightbars.org/forums/threads/bottom-up-build-code-3-2100.76522/

and This thread shows some of the conversions I have done to Excal's:
http://elightbars.org/forums/threads/doing-some-code-3-scratch-building-and-upbuilding.76196/

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.