Code 3 Excalibur restore / refurbishment

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
Aquired this nice bar, was planning to make it red blue, but now i am in doubt, is this a NYC bar, police or fire department? Things to do: Clean & polish domes, quick clean and rewire some cables.

clear lens done (2500grt and buffing compound)

02.jpg

Close up, btw this light is sure bright! Also notice the 2 takedowns

01.jpg

Reactions: jph2 and OliverD

FiremanSketch

Dec 17, 2014
Lake Arrowhead
I don't believe Excaliburs were ever in use by a NYC agency, to the best of my memory.

I beliiieeeeve NYC*EMS (prior to takeover/merger/acquisition) had MX7000's for a short time on EMS Sup SUV's, and I think FDNY used them on staff cars as well. But all had clear domes as is accustomed in NYC.

Reactions: Thomas1234

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY

The Feet, Arrowstik modules, and Front LED's came out of LEDX2100 bars, and the rear corners, and modules on the feet are Feniex T3's. Im presently in the process of replacing the modules in the front, and TD's with Feniex Fusion 40* Modules

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
I just dropped off a few Excalibur bars with a friend for customizing/experimenting. I like the look but they have a lot of potential.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.