Code 3 Force 4 (LP6000)

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So this is the other bar picked up over my weekend road trip.. it was bought specifically to be mounted to a Demo Derby car and then have that car smashed to bits.. well that happened and this bar survived it.

Interesting things are the sting rays located in the center rotator positions.. and forward facing flashers. Currently the SR's are forward sweeping. I know there are ways to change them to rotate and flash.. but for the life of my I can't remember anymore.. I'll need to dig through my documentation.

Anyone know what kind of lamps the alley lights use? I have one that needs replacement.

Optimized-20180901_184005.jpgOptimized-20180901_184013.jpg

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
I may be able to help you out a bit. First, the speaker grill is backward, you can tell by the position of the alley lights. The alley lights sit to the rear of the bar in all code 3 models. You can also tell because the stingrays only have half filters on one side leading me to believe that they meant for the front side of the stingrays to flash clear, which is highly effective. This bar should have rear flashers, and v- mirrors to the front, which means they just didn't put takedowns in the bar. No takedowns also explains the position of the stingrays. If the bar had takedowns and no mirrors, all the stationaries would have been next to the speaker/center and not in the middle of the stingrays and rotators. This would have placed the stingrays and the rotators right next to eachother which was common in the LP6000.

That would also mean your stingrays are stuck in the rear facing position, not front which would make sense. If I remember right, white should be rear only, add red to white and it will rotate, add orange to red and white and it will be front only.

On another note, congratulations on finding this bar. I always loved the LP6000 lightbar, I don't know why. The stingray was always my favorite feature and it was the predecessor to the intersection light on the MX7000. However, the stingray was very finicky as it required metal prongs alongside the rotator base to alternate negative and positive current so the motor switched directions, between this and the random failure of the control box the stingray was a short-lived add-on. Code 3 was never able to perfect the mechanical change of direction and a multiuse motor. Not like federal did through the vision and computer programming.

Long and short, if the stingrays actually function like they're supposed to, then you have a gem. Not much "street value" like a CTS twinsonic, but definitely a rarity.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Yep the speaker is backwards.. the alleys give that away.
I will try the other wire colors and see what happens..

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
If the bulbs are the same style as the alleys and takedowns in the excalibur, i have 2 that work.

I used to have an lp6000 that had alleys, but have since traded it for an arjent S2 bar (dont ask......the guy had tried religiously to sell it, but noone seemed interested in it due to it being red/blue.......its not a cal spec though :( (damn it lol)

Jun 18, 2013
PA
They appear to be similar to the bulbs found in furniture fixtures.. I need to grab a number off of one.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
The alleys are either MR11 (35watt) or MR16 (50watt)
as per Code 3..

in the event anyone else starts going down my path.. lol

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Good news is the Sting Rays work 100% Functions exactly as @irishff described.
Back to square one on the alley bulbs though.. They are not MR11 or MR16 bulbs.
They are wedge based and removable, leaving behind a socket we see here.

Anyone have a clue? I pulled the other bulb but don't see any numbers on it.
I did however grab the numbers off of the base they connect to.

Optimized-20180906_181215.jpg
Optimized-20180906_181231.jpg

and the front of the bar..
for real this time.. ;)

Optimized-20180906_181744.jpg

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
who would wanna smash that nice bar

A bloody idiot with no appreciation for the finer things in life. Then again it was on a demo derby car and anything's fair game there. A car made out of priceless Ming vases and Faberge eggs (?? best I can do right now)? Sure! Let's smash the heck out of it! A car with an early Visibar and any sort of vintage Cal Spec bar? Smashy smashy! The flashing lights just add to the excitement of seeing something get destroyed! Never understood demo derbies. If you're going to smash something that flashes, why not some cheap Chinese knockoff bar?!

This is either a testament to Code 3 having top-notch build quality or was some form of divine intervention saving that bar to go on and be restored. Talk about one hell of a second chance!

Once it's all fixed up, it's gonna be another beaut to add to the collection, Stampede Valkyrie!

Reactions: kitn1mcc
Jun 18, 2013
PA
@ProPatriaNeverPassAFault This bar was purchased because it was cheap, and the owner did not expect it to survive anyway.. so long as it powered up and spun it would impress the crowd. I admit I don't like lights seeing destroyed either however I'd much rather see this type of light smashed then a Visibar, Twinsonic, Aerodynic.. etc. etc. The LP bars can still be found rather inexpensively.

I got the bar because I removed it from what was left of the car.. otherwise it would probably be on its way to a scrapyard.

Domes need some work.. and a replacement bulb for the alley light.

Reactions: denko3

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
I'm not sure the model of bulb I can't remember off the top of my head, but I do know I have several of them that I took out of LPs that I stripped recently. Pm me and we'll work something out.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
@ProPatriaNeverPassAFault I'd much rather see this type of light smashed then a Visibar, Twinsonic, Aerodynic.. etc. etc.

Hates to make you think that Aeros, Twins and Visibars have most likely been smashed in demo derbies, though. Agree that I'd rather see an LP go than any of the aforementioned ones, but still...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.