Wanted Code 3 Force 4 XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wonderful

Dec 20, 2019
Portland, Maine USA
In search of one single blue lens for this bar. Can even trade a pair of red lenses for it. Have an entire parts bar of the same. Will hand over whatever to you if you are able to provide me with one blue dome lens. Money? Trade? Both?

also looking for Weldon 1020 blue lenses, (the round ones that fit the overhead flashers on a school bus) but that's less important

CAPTAIN 58

Feb 10, 2017
Drexel hill pa
I just had a guy offer me $2000 for my all clear one and my double blue .....Ghostbusters fans are worse than us .....no I didn't sell the and no I won't sell them

Reactions: Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful

Dec 20, 2019
Portland, Maine USA
Jesus. People are ridiculous. I just need one for a restoration job on an old Ford C8000 fire engine. Worst case I will trade up for a different bar. If people are offering up the same amount of cash for a damn lightbar as I paid for an entire fire engine I think maybe I should invest in plastic manufacturing equipment instead and mass produce those lenses myself haha

CAPTAIN 58

Feb 10, 2017
Drexel hill pa
Yeah, it's because that is the light bar from Ecto 1 and Ecto 1A and with the new Ghostbusters movie coming out everybody wants that light bar

Reactions: Dave F

CAPTAIN 58

Feb 10, 2017
Drexel hill pa
I would say go with a different style light bar any different light bar you could get them for far cheaper

Mr. Wonderful

Dec 20, 2019
Portland, Maine USA
I have a mountain of bars to pick from, was just REALLY hoping to keep things original. Its not the end of the world, not like it's a Model T or anything overly fancy. Will probably pull an old Whelen Duplex bar off the shelf and jam it into place

Mr. Wonderful

Dec 20, 2019
Portland, Maine USA
Didn't realize they made filters for them. I will look into it. This is the first project I've had with this particular bar. I'm only 33 so I still have plenty of learning to do with this older stuff. Have to do it tho, I hate all this new LED Fisher-price looking junk. I dont care how bright or efficient they are, they all look cheap! And bring back the iconic colored lenses on the lightbars !!!!!

CAPTAIN 58

Feb 10, 2017
Drexel hill pa
This isn't the truck I'm working on at the moment, but I do own it. You can see what I have for taste in vehicles
I'm not a fan of the whole red and blue lights on fire trucks thing.... to me fire trucks should be red and clear just my opinion

Mr. Wonderful

Dec 20, 2019
Portland, Maine USA
It's a restoration. And in my area the half blue shows a very clear separation between an in service truck and privately owned antiques...and not to mention no one out in traffic has any respect for the red lights as they fly past roadside trucks within inches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.