Code 3 gurus, need info on Wingman

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
Did you try calling Code 3? Maybe Kurt will know more but if you pull a lighthead out and see how its wired it could be possible. You would void warranty but as long as each head is running off of a ground and a positive you can connect all positives to +12 and then wire in the flasher. I have not personally seen one to know for sure. The other big worry would be if they are running off of something other than 12 volt like a ballast or something like that.

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
The Wingmans are not ground side switched, but they can be easily converted. I guy I work with had to do this to allow his Wingman to be controlled by his Cencom.

GranPrix

May 23, 2010
FL
The modules are pretty straight forward:

BLK/Ground

Red/Power and they're on.

Two prongs to change flash patterns and a White wire to sync for TA.

GranPrix

May 23, 2010
FL
andrewsim said:
The Wingmans are not ground side switched, but they can be easily converted. I guy I work with had to do this to allow his Wingman to be controlled by his Cencom.

Any idea how he converted?

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
He took the red and black wires on the lights and switched them.

His Wingman was setup with a multi conductor wire, one wire for each head providing positive (from the factory), and one providing the ground (from the factory). He just reversed it and set all of the light heads to steady burn.

I am not sure if your is set up like this.

GranPrix

May 23, 2010
FL
What about the white wire connections? They look like they are sync wires for the TA patterns...

Do I just disconnect them?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.