Code 3 issue

firemane24

Sep 29, 2010
Livingston County, MI
So I was fixing the flash patterns on the engine this mornin and I noticed one of the Code 3 led lower lights is making an odd noise. I'm a Whelen man myself. Our two newest engines got ordered with Code 3 crap for whatever reason and have been problematic. Light heads doing partial or full burnout. Never noticed the noise before. Anyone else ever had/heard this before and what does it mean? The engine is a late model 2008 and the light cover says 790x and I would guess the light is roughly that age. Thanks in advance

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
:popcorn:

Jordan_TCFD

May 22, 2010
Chattanooga,TN, Bryant,
That sounds like what the local FD here got into. (This is all coming from my boss), the county got 1 or 2 new trucks with Code 3 LED bars. Anytime the lightbar was on and you keyed the radio, you could hear the LED's flashing(I think even when receiving). They went back and forth with Code 3, they sent new modules, new flashers everything. They finally got so fed up with it they returned the truck and got a new bar put on it I do believe.

They know there's a problem, they're switchboxes are junk as well. I just took a Code 3 V-Con with switches out of a patrol car because the relays on the pushbuttons died. We put a 295SLSA6 siren/light controller in it's place.

I am not fond of Code 3 products that much.

Jordan,TCFD

uwr912

Nov 17, 2010
USA Illinois
My fire dept has code3 leds that do the same thing (makes a weird high pitched buzzing noise). Its been making this noise for over 3 years and no problems with them other than the noise. I like whelen and wish we would change over the bar to a freedom or liberty.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.