Code 3 LED X 2100 questions

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
I recently acquired some Code 3 Led X 2100 light bars. These are my first LED bars; I've mostly been avoiding them as I prefer the "classic" look of old strobe and rotator bars. Anyway, I would like to test them and make sure everything works. Since these are my first LED bars, I don't know if they need a special controller - do they? Or can I connect the appropriate leads to power and test each module that way? The cables connected to the bars have quite a few wires in them, so I am guessing it's the latter, but I'm not going to start poking around with my Power Probe and potentially fry something. I know the traffic advisor LED "narrowstik" needs a controller to function correctly, but can I test each module/lead separately as well? One last question: can anyone tell me the wiring colors/functions?

Attachments

• 20210722_135629.jpg
    20210722_135629.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 22
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
The heads shown in the R/B are Optix (6head/6up).

The outermost heads on the all blue are LEDX.

The heads come in "dumb" and only be on or off, requiring an external flasher or have their own built in flasher. The heads with a flasher can not sync. The LEDX modules do not have very good off axis power but I find they are good for arrows. I put in a Shome arrow flasher inside my 2100. I get built in arrow and warning patterns without an external controller.

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
There should be 2 separate cables, 1 for the arrowstick and 1 for the flashing modules.
I have the wiring schematic for those bars. Send an email so I can send that to you.

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
The answer to you question "can I test them" yes, in the larger cable take the black and ground that. All the other wires are 12v positive and each wire should activate a pair of modules.
Here is the Cd3 standard configuration for those bars:
Black: ground
Blue/Black: Takedown lights, center clear
Orange/Black: inboard front facing LED mods.
Green/Black: outboard front facing LED mods.
Yellow: Drivers Side Alley light
Yellow/Black: Passenger Side Alley Light
Red/Black: Rear red & blue flasher next to corner mods.
Red: Rear 45 corners
White/black add to Red above the front 45 corners are activated.

There should be several unused wires, Green, White, Blue and Orange

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
There should be 2 separate cables, 1 for the arrowstick and 1 for the flashing modules.
I have the wiring schematic for those bars. Send an email so I can send that to you.
I apologize that I did not see your responses. These have been stacked up in one of my sheds since the summer gathering dust. I will send you an email for those schematics!
The answer to you question "can I test them" yes, in the larger cable take the black and ground that. All the other wires are 12v positive and each wire should activate a pair of modules.
Here is the Cd3 standard configuration for those bars...
Thanks for that. I will start monkeying with them today since it's too cold to do anything productive outdoors.

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
I apologize that I did not see your responses. These have been stacked up in one of my sheds since the summer gathering dust. I will send you an email for those schematics!

Thanks for that. I will start monkeying with them today since it's too cold to do anything productive outdoors.
Look at6 the Aug. 29th post, that is the Code 3 standard for the wires. It sounds like you also have 21TR bars with a 16 conductor cable and the power & graound cable?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.