Code 3 LP100/Z100LP Wiring

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I have an older LP100 speaker and can't make heads or tails as to which connector stud is for the positive and which is for the negative. They're simply marked as 1 and 2. I checked the install manual and it doesn't really clarify anything, except on how to wire two in parallel if connected to the same siren. I want to say that 1 is positive and 2 negative, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Any clarification would be a big help with this!

Another quick question about this speaker. I'll be getting another one as part of my first restoration project. I'm restoring an older Force 4 LP 6000 Long (55.5") and want to have two speakers. What I had in mind was some sort of dual-tone setup, with each speaker being connected to a different siren amp. How could I do this? I ask this because the bar's cabling only has one set of wires for the siren. There are two terminal blocks with wiring for two speakers or a dual-driver 200 watt speaker, but using this configuration, is there any way to get some sort of dual-tone effect?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
The siren’s output to the speaker is AC. Polarity doesn’t matter.

As for running independent dual speakers, cool idea. You’ll need to add an extra pair of speaker wires, or borrow an unused pair of wire in the harness.

Reactions: WhelenNDealin

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Outstanding! I have an unused pair of speaker wires in the terminal blocks in the bar. I strongly suspect that there was another speaker there that disappeared along the way.

When you say harness, do you mean the wiring harness on the siren or the terminal blocks for the speakers in the bar?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.