Wanted Code 3 LP6000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOstang

Aug 14, 2010
Michigan
Hello - I'm looking to purchase a 47 inch Code 3 Force 4 LP6000 lightbar for a vintage police vehicle restoration...late 80's to early 90's vintage type model.  It will need to be in excellent/near new condition and of a style that has the siren speaker in the center behind the chrome cover and the rotators on each side need to be the metal style and not the newer plastic style.  Ultimately each side of the lightbar itself (either side of the speaker) will need to have a rotating red inside and outside with in between the rotating reds a forward facing clear takedown and rear facing amber.  If one is out there with that exact setup, all the better, but I'm open to finding one in excellent shape where I can purchase the parts need to reconfigure for the desired setup.  Please PM me with any details or questions.  Thank you.

Mike

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
I actualy have lots of lp6000 but none of them are in the configuration/condition you aer looking for. However if you ever need any of them for parts or to built something out of it let me know.

ai779.photobucket.com_albums_yy77_2004_p71_for_20sale_DSC07247_zps0f74f51a.jpg

Mar 11, 2015
Tennessee
I've got a nice one all clear with white bulbs. Attic find at my fire station!

Video to come.

Oops. Sorry to get your hopes up its a 55" bar. At least you got a free bump!

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Just an FYI.... I'm in the same boat you are, except that mine is going to be for actual use. I'm in the process of restoring an MX right now, but with the LP, those were so rarely used that they are really hard to find, even though they were about the most solid workhorse of the rotator bars. This is why I'm just ordering a new one from C3. By the time you add up the money spent on parts and time to restore the LP, you may as well just buy a new one. They have so few moving parts compared to others (such as the MX) that it's not a huge difference in used-to-rebuild and new.

MOstang

Aug 14, 2010
Michigan
I'm still looking, but thanks for the suggestion. The configuration/detail I've indicated in the original post will afford a more accurate display for my restoration. Thanks!

MOstang

Aug 14, 2010
Michigan
whats your price range? I have one that a soild 9.5 out of 10 in my collection, I could let one of the 3 go. and I could configure it to your liking
I'm open to any reasonable price. My primary goal is finding goal a nice one that is, or could be converted by someone, into the spec that I'm seeking. Certainly if it was reconfigured, I'd expect a cost to accomplish that would be incorporated into the price. Thanks!

Please feel free to send a Private Message regarding pricing. I've attached photos of the lightbar configuration.

The setup specifically features 4 regular speed 50 watt rotator red lights, alternating 28 watt flashing rear amber lights powered by a #700 flasher (mounted inside the lightbar on the front driver side), alternating 50 watt front flashing front clear takedowns lights in pursuit mode powered by a Code 3 360HL flasher (mounted inside the lightbar on the front passenger side) and no alley lights. All of the lights are in the older metal material...the newer plastic won't meet my needs. The center of the lightbar includes a Code 3 100 watt speaker model #Z100-LP, which was mounted in the center speaker area of the lightbar behind the stainless steel cover. Clear domes were utilized over the lights.

Thank you,

Mike

DSC08877.JPG

DSC08882.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Just read your original post (which I should have done more carefully the first time)... Since you want a bar "period correct" the way you have described, it shouldn't be too much trouble, as that is the exact configuration the vast majority of them were done in. That shouldn't be very hard to accomplish at all. My first choice would definitely be to do what you have done.... ask the folks on here.

My personal light bar is going to be configured differently in a manner they were rarely made, so custom is much better for me.

That being said, you may want to contact the fleet division of the Texas Highway Patrol. During the 80's and 90's (even into the 2000's), they ran those bars in the exact configuration you described on 90% of their units. You *may* be able to get in contact with someone there who knows where you can find one (maybe on one of their old auction sites).

Arizona DPS (Highway Patrol) also ran that exact bar for a long time. Message JennyCop on here, as I believe she is in AZ and is very knowledgeable about things there.

Hope that helps a little more.

Reactions: MOstang

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
the one I have is set up pretty much like this: its red on one side and blue on the other (clear domes with colored filters, I have red filters) this bar currently has a dual alley lights on each side, and flashers  front and rear.  it has a 360 flasher on the flashers  this bar does not have a speaker but I have a a speaker grill I can include.

2015-04-20_22-19-05_197.jpg

2015-04-20_22-18-42_929.jpg

Reactions: AJ3814

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
I certainly don't mean to hijack this thread, but has anyone seen (or by some miracle have) a 47" all light LP with mini-take downs and regular rear flashers?

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
I have had a lp with the mini takedowns, they actually are just alley lights , this particular bar had front and rear flashers and the mini takedowns

Clarence H

May 20, 2010
USA Twin Cities Minnesota
I have one, fair condition, that could be configured either way.

Clarenceai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa175_chawkmn_102_0630_zpskchagpur.jpgai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa175_chawkmn_102_0629_zpsue0k3yp8.jpg

MOstang

Aug 14, 2010
Michigan
Thanks for posting.  Another member of this forum just finished rebuilding one to the specs I needed and it's due to arrive in about a week.  Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.