Code 3 LP6000

Aries

Nov 7, 2012
Ukraine
Hello!

Couple days ago, some guy discovered that I am collecting emergency lights and presented me an amber LP6000.
But I'm in frustration, can't find wheres the front, and wheres back. It came loose, no screws on domes at all. The metal center piece has no holes for speaker sound, and I don't know wheres the back. So it has 2 rotators, 2 wig-wags on both sides, and then a question, as you can see in the video, it has takedown instead of one of the mirrors. Or I think that it is takedown? But to the other side it has a complete mirror. Is it ok to loose i flash to the front, but have complete flashing pattern to the back? Maybe it's a tow lightbar and the takedown is just a work light? What is your opinion?

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I think typically on the LP series bars the alleys were toward the rear.

You might have a CA spec LP6000 there.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Well I thought about CA, but amber domes....

Domes are easily replaced. I would find a bar spec'd like that to be odd with just amber domes.

Reactions: Aries

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
I think typically on the LP series bars the alleys were toward the rear...
Yes, the alley lights (if only one per side) are typically mounted at the back of the bar.
The motors of the rotators, and the Screw-Terminals are also on the backside.

… Maybe it's a tow lightbar and the takedown is just a work light? ...
The reflector of a working light would be matte and not shiny and it would not have an arm to mount a filter.

Reactions: Aries

Aries

Nov 7, 2012
Ukraine
I found a video on youtube, with the bar just like mine, but it has no domes ))) and the author hasn't uploaded videos for couple of years))) Well, back to search ))

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
So here is a Google pic, most likely from a catalog from the period of the bar to give you an idea. The LP's were very customizable depending of lens color and or filter combination and options ordered. Even if colored outer domes were ordered, alleys, take downs or different colored flashers could be on the bar via clear or colored "knock outs". They would simply take a hole saw to the lens in front of the light assembly and drill. Then the clear or colored knock out lens would be pressed into place. The series was very versatile.c3_6000.gif

Reactions: kitn1mcc

Aries

Nov 7, 2012
Ukraine
So here is a Google pic, most likely from a catalog from the period of the bar to give you an idea. The LP's were very customizable depending of lens color and or filter combination and options ordered. Even if colored outer domes were ordered, alleys, take downs or different colored flashers could be on the bar via clear or colored "knock outs". They would simply take a hole saw to the lens in front of the light assembly and drill. Then the clear or colored knock out lens would be pressed into place. The series was very versatile.View attachment 221305
Well I have seen "knock outed" LPs, but even in front it was small round clear insert, like hereScreenshot_2019-11-19-00-34-35-50.pngfor halogen alleys and takedowns

But I haven't seen huge windows ))) like it would be needed in my case

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.