Code 3 PSE Code 3 XL 9000 Select-A-Lert CA SPEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
I Have here a recent craigslist find for sale or trade. I have here a Code 3 PSE Code 3 XL 9000 Select-a-lert with California specs. This rare gem was from a retired police officer from the Fountain Valley, CA. police dept. He said he got it in 1990. There is some kind of mark inside the light bar from '88, maybe 1988. I also have the Unitrol siren amp/light controller that was used to control the light bar. I am not sure if the siren works, but have no reason not to believe it does not. I just did not have a speaker (nor does the light bar) to test it.

When connected to the controller, sliding the three stage lever to stage one illuminates the rear flashers only (One function the "Select-a-lert" feature is rear flasher mode. In this mode, the rotators completely rotate as they normally would but only illuminate the lamps when they pass through the rear amber cut-out in the dome). Move the lever to stage two, and the front facing red steady burn lamp illuminates with the rear flashers. Finally moving the lever to stage three, and the rotators completely illuminate with the front facing red steady burn and rear flashers. Another feature of the "Select-a-lert" system is the alley light function. When you switch on one of the alley light rocker switches in the controller, the rotators stop in a specific spot completely, but are still fully illuminated. The alley light bulb, in the outer rotator, stops directly facing sideward ("home") and illuminates (This alley light bulb does not illuminate in any other mode otherwise).

The light bar is in great condition for its age. It rotates very fast and smooth. All the lamps work as well. The domes do have some crazing and a few cracks. They should polish up really good though. There is no speaker included. The controller works as far as controlling the lightbar, but like i said earlier, i never tested the siren. Should work though. The light bar is bolted to a board currently and can be easily removed. Sorry no video at this time, you will have to take my word for it LOL!

I am open to all offers at this time. Trade or Sell. PM me with your offer!  I am not in a rush here LOL.

008.JPG

006.JPG

009.JPG

007.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
I have never seen a Code 3 bar with 3 bulb rotators. That is pretty neat alley light option! Nice bar Eric!

Reactions: tsquale
Jun 18, 2013
PA
whew  nice little profit considering what you bought it for... go you Eric!

TDC

Lifetime VIP Donor
Dec 4, 2012
Carswell AFB, TX
PM Sent

Had an SD Select-A-Lert with Night Probe in 1987. Bought it used for $100; traded it later for a new DashMaster and something else if I remember right.

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Commenting to bump. That thing is AWESOME!!!

May 23, 2013
nc
please do a video of this :)

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
Reactions: denko3 and 7d9_z28

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
A pretty penny, but since it's the 2nd one I've seen in existence, I fairly think this is something to be expected.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Congratulations to the new owner and you too Eric! It's a win win. Beautiful bar, a prize piece in any collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.