Code 3 RX2700CC MC Multicolor

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
These bars really took me by surprise. Very impressive, and so much so I'm actually keeping one for my own collection (I'm not big on LED lightbars). Now if I could just find some Code 3 programmers to play with these...

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
These bars really took me by surprise. Very impressive, and so much so I'm actually keeping one for my own collection (I'm not big on LED lightbars). Now if I could just find some Code 3 programmers to play with these...

I don't believe a programmer is necessary if you're just trying to change some patterns. At least it isn't on the one you sent me. I followed the directions in this manual (PDF attached) and it worked for me.

Attachments

• T11488.9._RX2700_Central_Controller_Lightbar_Instal_Manual_rev_9.pdf
    723.8 KB · Views: 3

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I do like this version of the bar. Code 3 became kind of a double-edged sword of being able to swap patterns with combinations of wires, which made things somewhat simplified, but there wasn't a way to actually set up a program like with other companies. Now that code 3 did release a program for this I don't think anyone would argue with me that it is not as good as Sound Off or Whelen. Ever since the halogen age died, I feel like code 3 has been hitting a lot of "close but not quite" designs. It's like they weren't poised to jump into the next phase of the industry and lag just enough to be not a contender, at least for me in my purposes.

Reactions: tsquale

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.