code 3 sd 12 beam

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
20160710_110840.jpg She's all cleaned up and ready to roll.. only draw back is having to step up the polaras electrical system. amp thirsty to say the least. it has clear windows on both domes so i can use colored filters or bulbs to change and custom cut diamond mirror vs the v to the front only. working on custom mounts that use aero gutter type feet that will fit in the slide track of the sd frame. being much wider at the frame then an aero, just dont want to use the tube legs. like everyone else, custom baby custom....

Last edited:

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
That's some light show with those 6 beams spinning on each side. I recently saw a Aerotwinsonic with 4 beams on each end.. Really increases the flashes.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
i have seen 3 bulb on xl and sd models with the night probe opt.before but never on every pod, so i figured if one is good then all 4 is better. the day light video does no justice.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Awesome custom work there ;). That does throw a lot of beam around, but it'd make your car beg for mercy if ever it were to be put in service!

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I recently saw a Aerotwinsonic with 4 beams on each end.. Really increases the flashes.

Okay, we gotta see some pictures and video of this lightbar ASAP!

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
just did some looking around for 70's mopar alt kits, and found a 210 amp at low speed that should kick it up a lil seeing how 75 amp runs the show now.

Reactions: Tony P

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
Great modification! We upgraded from the Twinsonic 12x to the Code 3 sd back in the day. For guys working graveyard shift we really didn't notice that they weren't Twinsonics because they looked so similar. Loved the additional rotators and light show. Gotta get one of these!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
That's awesome.
I would personally love to find an SD bar sometime in the future.. the rotator assemblies appear to be the same as on the XL bars.. if that is the case this is a fairly easy conversion.

Cool light.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.