Code 3 SD bar "California Spec" FOR SALE!!!!!!!!

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v660/fdny5555/Code%203%20SD%20Cal%20spec/th_DSC04889.jpg[/URL]

slideshow

Ok, so I tore into this thing and got bulbs replaced and unit working. First off, it is a 2 stage power system on these bars. Stage one is just select alert which turns on the motors and supplies power to the 2 rear mounted brushes that contact the copper plate that is riveted to the underside of the outer rotator pods. This copper plate is cut up in a few spots to allow cut-off of lights. when you activate stage two along with the select alert function, you get all the bulbs on and no more rear flashing. There are diodes that prevent back flow so that when stage one is on no other bulbs are in series.

Select alert video, no domes.

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/fdny5555/Code%203%20SD%20Cal%20spec/th_MOV04926.jpg[/URL]

I have this bar currently for sale, The domes have been polished, it has a nos HIGH Gutter mount assembly and is tested and working.

$600 or Submit your best offer. Shipping is flat $65 conus.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Did someone splice a flasher in for the front steady red.... looks like a can flasher in there.

Awesome bar.... gotta see a video of that select alert

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
Do you think it would be wise to put that bar in a room full of Twinsonics? Could be a major brawl breaking out when they see this intruder coming onto their "holy" territory.

Nice bar, can't wait to see those domes restored.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
The Select Alert was a really novel method of satisfying the rear amber flashing requirement while using only rotating lamps. Say what you want about California's lighting requirement, but rear facing amber flashers do get attention, I'm sure the steady burn front lamp also attracts the eye.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Sweet. Such a cool concept, never really caught on... which is one reason they are so rare.

stansdds said:
The Select Alert was a really novel method of satisfying the rear amber flashing requirement while using only rotating lamps. Say what you want about California's lighting requirement, but rear facing amber flashers do get attention, I'm sure the steady burn front lamp also attracts the eye.

There is no requirement for rear amber flashers in the California Vehicle Code. The only requirement is a single steady red lamp visible to 1000 feet (VC 25252). This is a common misconception for some reason, but all that is needed in California is a steady red lamp and a siren sounded "as reasonably necessary".

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Duster said:
There is no requirement for rear amber flashers in the California Vehicle Code. The only requirement is a single steady red lamp visible to 1000 feet (VC 25252). This is a common misconception for some reason, but all that is needed in California is a steady red lamp and a siren sounded "as reasonably necessary".

Correct! The amber is "customary" not required....

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Duster said:

Kind of off topic but oscilators don't count as steady light, correct?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Uman18 said:
Shouldn't this be in the for sale section? :lol: I've always wanted to post that

It has been copied there

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Chris, I have sold Twinsonic CTS bars for $800. This lightbar is so much more rare then those bars, Hence I have a bunch of CTS bars and have only seen 2 of these, Mine and CFD125.

So I guess ask yourself how much value do you put on rarity?

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Ryan,

I merely meant it wasn't worth $600 to me. As in the post "I can't see $600 for it". Thats my opinion, and I am entitled to it. It may be worth $2400 to an avid collector who doesn't have one. Good for you that you have sold several CTS's for $800 or better. None of my comments were meant to be upsetting.

Again good luck with selling it.

Chris

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.