Code 3 SD SELECT-ALERT Lightbar CA Sacramento Spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liftedgmc

Jun 2, 2014
NoVA
I have a Code 3 SD lightbar that I acquired from a gentleman that worked in Sacramento as a Fire Fighter, and immediately noticed that it has an amber cutout on the passenger front side as well as the driver rear side. I guess in Sacramento they used to run a amber to the front on fire units... don't ask me why, its unique though. 

This lightbar was examined and it does have a Select-Alert function on the drivers rear side, when hitting power to your 1st stage warning it rotates and only lights up when hitting the amber panel, 2nd stage would be Steady Burn, and 3 would be Code 3. 

This lightbar is in overall very good condition, as pictures show. Domes could definitely use a wet sand, but I am not patient enough. I am looking to downsize all the stuff I have so please take a look, and if interest - shoot an offer. 

Just to let you know - This lightbar is very heavy and shipping is not cheap if going out to the east coast. Please keep in mind - I will charge exact shipping. 

8.JPG

7.JPG

6.JPG

5.JPG

4.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

12.JPG

11.JPG

10.JPG

9.JPG

13.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JennyCop and rwo978

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
They are not facing the wrong way because the sacramento fire depatr. Had amber flashing to the front side if i am correct.

the guy who sale it wrote above about that too.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
This lightbar is accurate to Sacramento Fd specs, they did use amber to the front as warning for many years. I don't know if they still use it today but I have seen pictures of several older Sacramento fire trucks with amber to the front on passenger side.

Here is an aerodynic retired from Sacramento Fire. Two steady reds and amber to the front on drivers side. Also attached is a pic of a Sacramento truck with similar bar. I haven't been able to find any front pics that I had, but I'll keep looking.

2015-04-05 14.06.08.jpg

2015-04-05 14.04.40.jpg

2015-04-05 14.04.58.jpg

Screenshot2010-09-08at103210PM.png

Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie
Jun 18, 2013
PA
not to derail the sale thread.. but I have always liked the Red/Amber combination   and that Aero Dome config is pretty cool.

Back on topic... how much are you asking for the bar?

Did elb turn into Ebay?  wait they both start with E... lol

Rob

Jul 14, 2014
NV
San Diego FD did the same thing for an unknown number of years. I first saw it when I moved there after my stint in the USAF in the late 80's. Hartson's Ambulance that has the EMS contract for city of SD had the passenger side of their lightbars amber also. Didn't mean to hijack just some history on amber to the front in CA.

liftedgmc

Jun 2, 2014
NoVA
To answer anyone's questions - 500 would be my price to throw out. You guys asked for a price so I'm just saying it. 

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
Living in Sacramento. They do not use amber to the front anymore. They did for the longest time. In the Bay Area, Back in the 70's and 80's the Ambulance company for San mateo County also used red/amber bars. 

Where in Ca are you? I am  interested

Reactions: JennyCop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.