Code 3 SD select alert

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
it appears to be a code 3 SD alert. It has a solid red light on drivers side, amber cutout to the rear, to the left. Rest of Driver side is red / passenger is all blue. One set of wires rotates the lights but only lights the rear amber corner and rear blue. Sounds like a select alert. He says the domes are crystal clear but no mounting feet. Trying to get photos

1) what is this worth in condition described?

2) how much would mounting feet be if I could find any?

Last edited by a moderator:

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
smitty711 said:
My dad called me and told me he found a lightbar in his barn. After going over it with him and him testing the wires, it appears to be a code 3 SD alert. It has a solid red light on drivers side, amber cutout to the rear, to the left. Rest of Driver side is red / passenger is all blue. One set of wires rotates the lights but only lights the rear amber corner and rear blue. Sounds like a select alert. He says the domes are crystal clear but no mounting feet. Trying to get photos

I dont have an answer but I'd like to be subscribed to this thread to see tbe pictures :D

Kent

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
smitty711 said:
My dad called me and told me he found a lightbar in his barn. After going over it with him and him testing the wires, it appears to be a code 3 SD alert. It has a solid red light on drivers side, amber cutout to the rear, to the left. Rest of Driver side is red / passenger is all blue. One set of wires rotates the lights but only lights the rear amber corner and rear blue. Sounds like a select alert. He says the domes are crystal clear but no mounting feet. Trying to get photos

Condition and domes will; be the big factor. If it works and has good "select alert" domes.... they have gone for over $400. If it needs work or domes, that is cut a lot. Pics please.....

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I have a code 3 sd bar with dual select alert features which means both sides can do it. There is a certain way the bar must be powered up. The select alert option needs power before you activate the whole bar. Think of it as slide switch 1 and slide switch 2. I bought mine for $475 shipped. It has both red and blue select alert domes, front par 46 steady red. After restoring it I valued my bar at $750 due to its rarity.

drb

May 23, 2010
Southern California
Best way to run these bars is with a Unitrol 480K, which has the progressive slide switch. This is primarily what you would see in California on vehicles running Select-Alert bars in the old days. Position 1 would be the rear flash only, position 2 would be rear flash and front steady red, and position 3 would be full 360 degree lighting and front steady red along with power to the siren amp.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The catalog page

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_Catalogs_Code_203_code3cat010.jpg

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
Apparently it does not have the speaker cover. Not sure if it's missing or it is the type that just had the flat piece over the center

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
smitty711 said:
Apparently it does not have the speaker cover. Not sure if it's missing or it is the type that just had the flat piece over the center

That was an option.... I have the catalog at home.

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
PICS and VIDEO coming!!!!!! Super stoked. It is a Cal Spec signal alert. Only Driver side has signal alert. Missing speaker housing/center cover and mounting feet...Little dome polishing and a lil chrome work is all that is need. pretty damn good condition

PHOTOS: Flickr: smitty711's Photostream

VIDEO:

Jesse Volanti

Sep 27, 2011
USA California
There was an option to have a no speaker grill on the Code 3 2600 Long 55" California spec. Lightbar It was meant for a large speaker housing as an option .. Thank you Sir for sharing this rare lightbar... :hail:

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
Jesse Volanti said:
There was an option to have a no speaker grill on the Code 3 2600 Long 55" California spec. Lightbar It was meant for a large speaker housing as an option .. Thank you Sir for sharing this rare lightbar... :hail:

I know, I just need to find either the flat top or the speaker grill

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
That is a very nice rare bar in excellent condition, the insides look just like new in the pics! a very nice find indeed! :thumbsup: The lenses look great too!

Here is a restored 1975 Dodge Monaco with Code 3 Select alert like yours!

7620509042_ec4ff9e593_z.jpg

7620508340_74c15a10db_z.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
True CA style with a single amber rear, accomplished by select alert.. so cool. Makes me want to start collecting code 3 again.

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
I want that Monaco!!!!!!

JennyCop said:
That is a very nice rare bar in excellent condition, the insides look just like new in the pics! a very nice find indeed! :thumbsup: The lenses look great too!

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
smitty711 said:
I want that Monaco!!!!!!
Take a number, so do I! I use to have a 1974 Monaco Full factory police package.
This was mine a retired Marin County California Sheriff's car.

plate.jpg

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
I work in Marin County. The SO cars are ugly now.. love that green

JennyCop said:
Take a number, so do I! I use to have a 1974 Monaco Full factory police package.
This was mine a retired Marin County California Sheriff's car.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Not to hi-jack the thread, but if anyone is interested in a Sd with both sides having select alert... shoot me a pm.

Steady Fred

Sep 4, 2010
US, CA
JennyCop said:

NOT a CHP resto, is it? That would be the WRONG lightbar for that...

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
emtanderson51 said:
That is AMAZING....BEST FIND OF THE YEAR!! IMHO..Thanks for sharing and take no less than a gerand for that beauty...
Gee.... thanks Steve, here I was going to offer him $65. Shipped for this rare bar! You ruined it! Lol I am just kiddingf

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Steady Fred said:
NOT a CHP resto, is it? That would be the WRONG lightbar for that...
no, it was a city police car restoration, not a CHP restoration.

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
2 updates

First, Inscribed on the front was CAG and some numbers. I did a little research and in the dust it said state of california "left on some sticky stuff on the bottom of bar". Did some more digging, turns out this bar was possibly on an security vehicle for the Ca. Air Guard. trying to get more info but, i think i hit a dead end.

Second, this bar is going to be up for sale. I found a speaker grill for it and in the process of cleaning that up now. Any ideas on price or offers?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.