Code 3 Slick Stik Problem

bkulibert

Jun 26, 2016
Mayville, WI
I have a Code 3 Slick Stik model L51402. I can't get the two alternating lights to work. when connected to power it makes a buzzing noise and only one of the lights is on. I tried another flasher does the same thing. Any ideas how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
Generally when you get a buzzing sound from the flasher and one light is on it indicates either a blown bulb or that the power wire and load wire is reversed. The load wiring being that of the light that is not illuminating. On most tridon and wagner flashers the power in terminal is marked with an "x" in the plastic.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
Is your power battery power or a power supply?
If it is a power supply it might be the problem.
Many such power supplies do not go well with electronics.
I assume that you have an electronic flasher installed.

Michael

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I have a Code 3 Slick Stik model L51402. I can't get the two alternating lights to work. when connected to power it makes a buzzing noise and only one of the lights is on. I tried another flasher does the same thing. Any ideas how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ok let's start with the basics.. Can you light both lamps without a flasher.. Y/N? This will tell you if you have a wiring fault or short. Fuse your 12V+ and test. Does either lamp flicker or do they stay on solid? If 1 lamps works and 1 doesn't test the bulbs first.

Once you know your wiring and lamps are good, test the flasher.. @irishff is correct.

bkulibert

Jun 26, 2016
Mayville, WI
figured it out, it was just my power source. my battery charger was the problem. hooked it up to a car battery and it works like it should. Thanks everybody.

Reactions: Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.