Wanted Code 3 SlickStik Strobes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenwied

Jan 22, 2015
Wisconsin
Hi all,

I’m looking for 2 strobe modules for a SlickStik. The 2 that are currently in mine do not fire correctly and are super dim when they do. There is also a popping noise coming from the power supplies.
Any help would be appreciated!

Additionally, is there a bracket needed to add additional halogen flashers if no luck with the strobes?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2CFA4262-ED23-4435-A2F9-E538A4831BB0.jpeg
    2CFA4262-ED23-4435-A2F9-E538A4831BB0.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 9
  • FE93A751-8CF7-450B-AEDD-92E79FDC7DF9.jpeg
    FE93A751-8CF7-450B-AEDD-92E79FDC7DF9.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 9

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
These are actually deckblaster internals, as were the original lower deck strobes on the MX7000, which makes sense since a slikstik is just the bottom of an MX7000 basically. Deckblasters sell on eBay for around $30-$45, that's your best option. It may take a few weeks but listings pop up frequently. Also a member here may have some....

Deckblasters and the AS2 and arrow bars have cross-compatibility too if that helps people scrounging for Code 3 parts.

PXL_20220630_165620193.MP.jpgPXL_20220630_165631073.MP.jpgPXL_20220630_165634672.MP.jpgPXL_20220630_171545911.MP.jpg

scan0039.jpg

Reactions: Abacus and Dave F

kenwied

Jan 22, 2015
Wisconsin
These are actually deckblaster internals, as were the original lower deck strobes on the MX7000, which makes sense since a slikstik is just the bottom of an MX7000 basically. Deckblasters sell on eBay for around $30-$45, that's your best option. It may take a few weeks but listings pop up frequently. Also a member here may have some....

Deckblasters and the AS2 and arrow bars have cross-compatibility too if that helps people scrounging for Code 3 parts.

View attachment 237478View attachment 237479View attachment 237480View attachment 237481

View attachment 237477
Awesome, thanks John! I was half wondering about that. Do the Deckblaster units match the flash pattern that the SlickStik units have and can they be synced too?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Awesome, thanks John! I was half wondering about that. Do the Deckblaster units match the flash pattern that the SlickStik units have and can they be synced too?
Deckblasters and SlickStiks have some unusual patterns and because of this I thought for a long time my SlickSticks had synched strobes. It turns out they were just set to odd patterns and gave that illusion. The options (shown in a below pic of the jumper config) are 2 flashes, 2 then 4 flashes, just 4 flashes, and a sequence of 2-3-4 flashes.

Looking internally, the SlickStiks I have (3 of them with strobes) the strobes are in no way synched, nor are my deckblasters able to be synched. If yours are synched please grab a picture of the connection, I only see power and ground in the pic posted, but I can't see the whole unit.

The patterns available via the jumpers on the circuit boards are the same between the two products. As far as mounting you just need to save the metal "U" around the power supply.

I have never seen synched strobes in a SlickStik.....that said......

Synch-able deckblasters were made, so it is possible the internals migrated to the SlickStik at some point. I'm not sure how the synchronization was done or where that connection occurs. The documents I have state the lights all contain their own power supplies but are synchronized so I assume there is a synch wire or wires. It is also worth noting that the synch models were only avaiable in the early stages of deckblaster production, which is counterintuitive. They are listed in 1993-1996, but I never see them or their model number mentioned again. Both the deckblaster and SlickStik were offered for longer than you would think, sold alongside LEDs in the mid 2000s. The SlickStik retained all models throughout it's manufacturing, whereas the deckblaster had fewer and fewer options as time went on.

Sych Deckblaster "info"
synch3.JPG
slik.JPG

Pattern changing:
patterns1.JPG

All non-synched SlickStiks, I would love to find an exception...

My deckblaster I have apart was made in 2003, long after synch was an option, here are some closeups of the circuit board. I don't see any lingering evidence of where the synch would have gone (like you can see in some Whelen deckmasters). If you can get any more shots of your SlickStik opened up I would like to see them.

db1.jpg
db2.jpg
db3.jpg

Reactions: Abacus and StEaLtH2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.