Code 3 Solex anyone else seen this?

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
This whole thread is inaccurate. It uses Code 3 and innovation in the same sentence which we all know isn't true.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
acala91 said:
This whole thread is inaccurate. It uses Code 3 and innovation in the same sentence which we all know isn't true.

LOLz. Let's see, what haven't they copied yet? How about their own version of the "siren you can feel," named the Grumbler?

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
MtnMan said:
LOLz. Let's see, what haven't they copied yet? How about their own version of the "siren you can feel," named the Grumbler?

The Ion V-series and rotating LEDs come to mind. Fortunately, this lack of innovation means they still make the LP6000, MX7000, Excalibur and 360, which can only be a good thing. :yes: Not to mention the Deckblaster and Dashlaser.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
nerdly_dood said:
The Ion V-series and rotating LEDs come to mind. Fortunately, this lack of innovation means they still make the LP6000, MX7000, Excalibur and 360, which can only be a good thing. :yes: Not to mention the Deckblaster and Dashlaser.

:thumbsup: Maybe a rotating LED LP6000! With 'stingray' style patterns! :thumbsup:

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
speaking of, I just picked up a NIB LP6000 for the cost of lunch. :thumbsup:

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
Happened to take a glance at the C3 website, and noticed what appears to be the end of a new lightbar. Looks like it has the PriZm II modules, but the end section appears to be sloped, almost a roof hugging shape.

Definitely curious to see what this is now.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
bluestinger90 said:
.... Or a new type of led optic system. TriPrizm3-Rex.

This now seems highly likely. I wonder if it will be a non linear bar. Their existing systems can already handle multi color lights, but this is code3. A NEW system is in order, because they want to call it new and exciting.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
TACKLEBERRY said:
Anyone see anything yet on this? The website countdown has been 00:00:00 for the better part of the day.

It's Kinda like how the feniex website was launched a bit past it's projected date. Then again, we were actually waiting to see new products, not some brand new, poorly-executed copy of the competitors

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
I think this is it. It's called the Solex. It's different.

A non linear bar would have been a winner. This is just strange. Everyone is going low profile, and they release a hunch back bar.

ai.imgur.com_0C2JTKY.jpg

ai.imgur.com_UarmRyv.jpg

ai.imgur.com_OqFyWfy.jpg

Taken from the code3 website;

• Second level that allows for additional massive takedown lighting, additional flashing or steady burn warning lights, a 100-watt speaker with no loss of rear warning light capability, traffic emitters, and other potential warning or add-on devices.
  • Aerodynamic shape and styling maximize vehicle performance as well as matches the contours of today's and tomorrow's vehicles
  • Single or multicolor linear collimated LED lightheads are designed for usage with a central controller board or can flash independently, depending on your requirements
  • Aluminum frame and lighthead mounting platform are designed for heavy duty use and vibration, exceeding the requirements for SAE, CA T13 or European testing standards.
  • Lens caps protect internal components from UV degradation, easily shed water, ice or snow and provide aerodynamic shape
  • Thick, heavy duty lower lenses are designed for exceptional wear life

Design Features

Full featured and customizable lightbar with 9-Up LED single color or 18-Up LED multicolor (coming soon) lightheads
  • Takedown and alley lights can be single or multicolor
  • Central controller driven lightheads or independent flashing lightheads
  • Red, Blue, Amber, or White LEDs
  • Black lens caps standard
  • Dimming mode

[*]47" or 53" length

[*]Average height is 2.5" (63.5 mm), Max height 3.9" (99 mm)

[*]12 Volt

[*]Meets all applicable SAE, NFPA, California Title 13 and ECE65 specifications when properly configured

[*]5-Year Warranty on LED modules

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Wow!! For real? Lol damn code3, It's time to fire someone. Thats the least innovative product I've ever seen. It's ugly, it's bulky, it adds no new features and can't do Anything better than bars that are currently in the market. Not impressed, not impressed one bit. But then again, what else is new?

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
lotsofbars said:
Who the hell puts speakers in lightbars anymore?

It was probably done for the overseas market. I've seen pictures from Southeast Asia that have code3 bars with speakers, or speaker grills in the center. I'm sure someone is buying it, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to make it.

I hope that second bar is a winglux v shape light bar. With new optics. You got to have new optics code3!

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
They might be trying the speaker in bar for the new vehicles instead of putting them behind the bumper but I think its against osha?

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_22_agype3u4.jpg

From code 3 facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Jamey@NNE said:
They might be trying the speaker in bar for the new vehicles instead of putting them behind the bumper but I think its against osha?

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_22_agype3u4.jpg

From code 3 facebook.

Here's another picture.

ai.imgur.com_8fQnl7i.jpg

I like the part about being designed and manufactured in the USA. Manufactured is such a loose term.

DMCGONAGIL

Feb 5, 2012
WI
It's like a car accident. I want to look away, but I can't! :popcorn: What is the middle red/blue bar on the Code 3 tower btw?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
That lightbar is FUGLY! Even STL bars looks better than that (but that's prob cuz STL bars are mostly KO's of existing designs lol)

Honestly, that lightbar is stupid, lacks anything innovative at all, and looks like a cheap Chinese toy that should be called the Pimple (b/c that's what the top looks like)...The next thing you know, they're gonna release one of those undercover Chinese beacons that folds down into the roof (sawzall not included).

First of all, nobody in the US mounts speakers on the roofs of their vehicles these days; it's kinda like why it's stupid to mount horns directly onto the roof of an ambulance cab. Secondly, there's another way to get TD/flood options without sacrificing R/B modules up front (SOS, FedSig, & Whelen have already released that). Lastly, focus your time on coming out with better optics!!...aside from the defender lightbar, I think all your LED lightbars suck. However, I am suprised that they didn't recycle the lower portion of a halogen bar & call it innovation (*cough cough* ranger *cough cough*)

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Thing is ugly. Looks better mounted on the car than I thought it would.. But still..

Really... REALLY!?!?!?! :duh: :sadcry:

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Am I alone in not hating it?

At least it's not a knockoff of a competitive product. Yeah, the styling is a departure. Guess what, 1980 is over. Not everything has to be designed using only a T-square.

But, most important, if Code 3 actually has a design for an OSHA compliant roof speaker, that's a game changer.

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
It's what I call Frugly.

How can a company who puts out great products such as the tri core modules then put out The Hunch Back of St Louis ?

Last edited by a moderator:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
DMCGONAGIL said:
It's like a car accident. I want to look away, but I can't! :popcorn: What is the middle red/blue bar on the Code 3 tower btw?

The middle bar alomost looks like the Solex with full domes instead of the black out. I do not see anything else on C3's page that looks like the middle bar.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
ok...............I've been so busy I haven't had time to play on ELB but I wanted to see what everyone thought about this new Code3 bar. I agree with most of the comments and I too was basically dumbfounded about the "speaker in the lightbar" concept since we all know it's no good. I do think it's important to remember that this show was the International Chiefs of Police Association show. While it was held in the US, it is for a worldwide audience. A lot of departments abroad do still like the speaker in the lightbar concept and the Whelen LoPro is still sold last I knew. Code3 does have a large international customer base.

The lightbar with the red/clear/blue lenses is called the Carona and it is a full dual level bar. To answer your next question, yes, it is available with and without a slice of lime.

[Broken External Image]:http://cdn.motinetwork.net/motifake...facepalm-demotivational-poster-1222303270.jpg

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Code 3 must have looked in the custom lightbar thread here...

It appears that with the success of Boulders LiberTitan (copyright/trademark/name owned by myself and Boulder Industries) They decieded to make their own 'version'.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
7d9_z28 said:
Code 3 must have looked in the custom lightbar thread here...

It appears that with the success of Boulders LiberTitan (copyright/trademark/name owned by myself and Boulder Industries) They decieded to make their own 'version'.

Ya know... I was kinda thinking the same thing... lol

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
I look at that and they had to have made it in that shape just for attention. The take downs and emitter could have just as easily been placed under the leading edge of the bar much like Philly did with the extra lightheads on their lightbars. More wow factor, less focus on function.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
The inspiration:

Screen+shot+2013-08-05+at+1.31.01+PM2.png

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
A camel, or an asian girl? Im sure it could be either.

Im done.

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
In a Facebook post with Code 3, I ask about Video. They just replied that they will hopefully have one this afternoon.

Code 3, Inc.

Liked · 2 hours ago

NEW lightbar from Code 3: Solex

Like · · Share

Top Comments

35 people like this.

5 shares

Randy Howell No Video?

Like · Reply · about an hour ago

Code 3, Inc. Hopefully will be posted this afternoon. Thanks for your patience

Like · 13 minutes ago

Code 3 SOLEX.jpg

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
lightbar.jpg

So C3 updated the chinese knock off of the SVP Impulse? :duh:

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Actually, it's not that bad looking. Kind of reminds me of a Stingray. Now I agree with the "no speaker" in the lightbar, but the overall look is fairly sleek. The actual pic of the bar on the vehicle looks better than the cut sheet pics do. The Carona looks pretty bad ass though. I'd rather see more pics of that.

Tony

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Please...THE USA IS NOT THE ONLY PLACE THAT USES LIGHTBARS!. UGH! The speaker version is for overseas...specifically the Middle East. They have some large orders going there....then there is Europe...and Australia..THE SPEAKER VERSION IS NOT MARKETED FOR US CUSTOMERS....my good god people....

I do not love it but I will tell you that the modules they are using are awesome. It reminds me of some sci-fi spacecraft....the other bar is a complete dual level lightbar....no hump but same height as the hump but full length..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.