Code 3 Stinger...

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I am not really a fan of the XL5000 (like the mini 9000 as I have one of them) but I picked up a pair the other day anyway. They both looked very basic but I expected the innards to be clean. One bar is just 3 rotators and mirrors (for some reason, 2 of the rotators have filters on them under the solid red domes). The other bar was a surprise to open up. It has 5 rotators (although the center is an MX type) and a pair of stingers. They seem to work just fine and I kinda like em. What other bars did the Stingers come in? Any idea on value if removed? I will likely set up a bar how I like and make a short or mini out of the other. I have Stingrays in another bar and worked with them before. This is the first set of Stingers I have put my hands on.

Feel free to share your experiences or stories with them as well as info from above. Hope to make a video in the near future.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-30-00-48-33.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-30-00-48-33.png
    847.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_2021-04-30-00-48-07.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-30-00-48-07.png
    991.9 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: stansdds

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
As far as I know, Stingers only were offered in Code 3 XL and SD lightbars, as well as in flush mount housings. I recently paid $100 apiece for a pair of them, but I'd say anywhere from $50-100 is their worth alone. If you had a flush mount housing, I'd guess somewhere along the lines of $300; they're very rare and sought-after.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
What other bars did the Stingers come in?
Only the sealed beam and independent rotator series of XL lightbars.

The use for them varied on XL bars. From front clear or colored intersection clearing lights, to a unique rear warning signal. It all depended on what the customer wanted. Majority of Stingers were installed as front facing oscillating lights, but there are rare examples of them being used for rear signaling.

Any idea on value if removed?
Value would go down if these were factory-installed assemblies and you tried to sell the bar as a non-Stinger unit. But, if you build an XL mini or full-size bar (sealed beam or independent rotator) and put the Stingers in, the value goes up a $100-$200 (condition, functionality play a big part in individual value for the assembly).

Snap some pics and some of the Code 3 gurus here might be able to help ya out a bit more ;-D !

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.