Code 3 Supervisor Charger 06-10 questions

jdip

May 26, 2010
Mooresville , NC
Just recieved a Code 3 Supervisor I believe its the TL with no takedowns. Few questions. Number one where can I find the manual? Code 3s site has an abundance of Tri Core manuals as well 2 TL manuals however both are for the 2011 and newer. They seem to have each vehicles manual EXCEPT of course the one I need for the 06-10. This is the case on both their installation manual database (tech support->installation manuals) and the tab on the product info page. I believe mine is the SV333CH if I am not mistaken. I am just trying to figure out my situation for wiring. I currently have a Viper S2 on the headliner and when I remove that I can cut the Vipers power cord sheath to (which contains the power and ground) which runs down my passenger A post back to my fused LCS880 in the trunk. I have a 5mm Slimlighter on the dash I plan to remove and cap the wires with the installation of the supervisor anyway. That runs from the center dash towards drivers a post and down and through towards the center console I believe. Am I better of using the power/ground from the slimlighter. I am not sure which power/ground has a better gauge (if any difference) the Viper or Slimlighter. I did not install the lights that are in now and the person who did no longer works for the company I hired.

So my questions are:

1: Do you think the power and ground inside the Viper S2s power wire sheath (or the slimlighter) will be adequate for the Supervisor.

2:What exact connections do I make aside from the power and ground?

I dont have the lightbar in front of me but I believe each lighthead has its own power wire coming out of the cable, and there is only one ground for the unit. So it seems 10 power wires have to be connected to one power source. What should be the best way to do this especially considering my original plan. I have no clue how far back the original power cable of the viper goes I believe I found some of it the other day vaccuming my rug down by the glove box headed towards the center console. (WHich leads me to believe down the A post up under my dash towards the center of the vehicle. I think its easier then I am making it to be, just the 10 powers and ground.

I do understand before I mount I must change the pattern on each individual head prior to mounting.

Thanks for any help!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.