Code 3s New RMX Lightbar

I am thrilled. I like to have other options besides Whelen. The Freedom was almost the only option when it came to full size LED lightbars. Slim is great & all but on some vehicles bigger works better.

Squad-6 said:
I am thrilled. I like to have other options besides Whelen. The Freedom was almost the only option when it came to full size LED lightbars. Slim is great & all but on some vehicles bigger works better.

??? There are many many options besides the freedom....

There's the AeroDynic LED.

Code 3 has offered LED options for the Excalibur and MX7000 for some time, including all-LED versions.

I believe this product is the result of various custom orders using the RX 2700 platform that were submitted to Code 3. There are domestic and foreign customers that ordered the RX lightbars fitted with MX upper-level domes, some equipped with all PriZm LED modules, others equipped with PriZm LED modules in the lower level only and with halogen options in the upper level.

Based on the RMX's dimensions, this'll slot nicely between the Excalibur and the MX 7000 with respect to dual-level lightbars. Perhaps Code 3 will see fit to offer 47" and 52" versions for equipping sedans and light trucks.

they should have double stacked the upper level LEDs in the domes... lots of empty space

Good point, and also had the top level end LEDs facing the intersection angle. Then you'd have 2 lights for intersection warning, alternating them would be quite effective, IMO.

The previously pictured bar used Optix 6ups. Yes, they should have doubled them. But, that doubles the price.

As for the new modules, they're about 50% taller than the 6ups. So, they'll fill it a bit better.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrmills2468