Code3 H2 Covert siren blowing fuses

Blake831

Nov 6, 2019
MO
So my problem is the siren will run all the lights just fine but when the siren sounds for more than 2 secs it blows the fuse. I have the main box wired to the constant terminal on the engine bay fuse box. The siren and switches wired to an ignition power. Then have all my grounds to one point. I have also changed siren boxes to make sure the box wasn’t bad but the same thing happened. Any ideas what’s up? Now the last time the fuse blew it blew the fuse up at the ignition wire under the dash.

Blake831

Nov 6, 2019
MO
I am using 4 gauge wire and yes 2 speakers. You think the speakers are doing it? Never thought of taking one out of the equation.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Try testing the speakers one at a time and check the speaker wiring for shorts.

You have 4 AWG for the siren power feed (from the ignition)? It only needs 12 AWG wire / 20 A fuse.

Sep 16, 2018
Kentucky
I had the same issue a few years back. Check the connection plug where the handheld controller plugs into the driver. I mounted my driver under the front passenger seat and had the handheld controller routed up through the center console compartment. The plug from the controller that connects the the driver was defective (like an old phone jack connector). I am assuming my issue was a manufacturing defect, but I ended up replacing the handheld and it fixed the issue. I didn't want to risk splicing in a new connector. The difference between your situation and mine though was the fuse in the back of the driver kept blowing, not the vehicle or in line fuses.

Blake831

Nov 6, 2019
MO
Ok update, I looked over all the connections and they were all correct. Then I tried switching the speaker and com wires on the box itself and it now works fine. ????? I had no idea that would blow fuses??

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.