Collection relocation time.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Getting everything gathered up for the move to my bigger collection room.... enjoy some low res cell pics of the first shift.....

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_pile5.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_pile4_1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_pile3_1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_pile2_1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_pile1_1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_command8.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_command6.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_command7.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_comand1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_command3.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_command2.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_adv1_1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_resp1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_mars1_1.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
grfd711 said:
Does that Val-u-bar have the "deep dish" style rotators?

The valuebar has the fluted 3rd generation rotators and is the "waste a bar" setup with just 2 rotators.... one of the responders has the deep dish.. the amber one I think.

This isn't even everything...... I have a few non-whelen beacons like my sireno "wobble light" etc that aren't in this pile that will be part of the display and I have the 72" advantedge I posted previously out in the barn still.... I just have to get the new room washed down and the day of carrying these down the stairs is on.... I will probably pay some friends in beer. The new room is roughly 3 times the size of the current one, so I will be able to get all the bars hung on the walls and the beacons can be sorted by type and shelved accordingly. I am thinking of getting some pegboard to mount the "lightheads" too. I'll do work in progress pics of the new room as I go.

Oct 28, 2010
Kingston NY
WOW, nice collection you got there!!!! Major drool here. I especially love the clear sealed beam Whelen speaker lights. Drop me a line if you ever decide to sell one of them.

PinballCharlie

Tiller245

Jun 29, 2012
Chester County,PA
I likey :drooling: :drooling: :faint: :jawdrop: :salivate: :hearts: :eek:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
JohnMarcson said:
I will probably pay some friends in beer.

And to make sure they don't help themselves to samples, there will be the mandatory cavity search afterward.

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
I am SO envious of that Whelen collection. Man I'd love to get my hands on that 5000PA and the amber 5200!!! Incredible collection John!! :thumbsup:

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
patrol530 said:
Thanks John, I can show your pictures to the wife, so she'll see that I really don't have all that much "stuff".

yeah and i can send you a copy of my receipt from my two storage lockers for 300 a month to show her, LOL.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
ERIC6913 said:
yeah and i can send you a copy of my receipt from my two storage lockers for 300 a month to show her, LOL.

Wow! I'll watch your babies for less than that...

Firefly Berlin

Apr 25, 2012
Germany / Berlin
ERIC6913 said:

Hey Eric, storage space is a lot cheaper in germany. I'd pay the shipping if you want. :D

@John: Awesome collection:thumbsup:, but I miss something. ;)

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Firefly Berlin said:
Hey Eric, storage space is a lot cheaper in germany. I'd pay the shipping if you want. :D

@John: Awesome collection:thumbsup:, but I miss something. ;)

ja, dass glaube ich auch. Ich brauch ein grosses Keller!

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Man you're going to need to get ahold of Mayflower Moving and get one of their semi's for that move.

Nice very nice.

On a conservetive note what would you estemate the collection at?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Some of the items like the oscillating commander (only known one left) are hard to value.

The core of the collection is:

Whelen

RB commander

10 commander 5200s

7 99 series

5 5000 commanders

7 90/80h bars

6 8000 strobe bars

10 Advantedges

3 edges

25 smaller beacons

10 dash lights

6 complete demo boards

2 traffic advisors

40 plus lightheads

Non-whelen

10 Traffic clearing lights

Siren "wobble beacon"

3 "big beacons" trilite and NA signal

10 "international" lights

Martin horns

code 7 77 inch XL 9000 and mini bar set from ambulance

20 plus flashers and power supplies to run items in period correct patterns

Some of the items are very rare setups or models. I like to collect well intentioned but less than effective or unpopular items. I focus on whelen and traffic clearing lights. The estimates in value fluctuate, not to mention you would saturate the market if you sold it all at once.

Counting the items to be displayed only.... I have just under $10k invested in whelen, and around $2k in other items. I feel I could sell them in their current state for for three times that.... the stated value is $50k, but that is meant to be a ballpark. I also keep a large amount of parts and other items that I use and sell offsite, but that's not a collection. The collection lacks a Darth Vader beacon and I have not begun to get into crossbars of any type. The new room is rather large but has low ceilings... it's a refinished basement apartment/studio. I am currently cleaning it... tore up the flooring and took off the baseboards. The bed will go..... I'll probably paint the floor and walls. It's 12'x24', with the option to make it 12'x 32' feet with a non-load-bearing wall taken out, or 12'x50' if I remove two walls and add pillars (unlikely). Consider these the before pics.

base1.jpg

base2.jpg

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
ERIC6913 said:

Well....you just let me know if you ever go into collections on those as I will definitely be a bidder on Storage Wars!! LOL

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
emtanderson51 said:
Well....you just let me know if you ever go into collections on those as I will definitely be a bidder on Storage Wars!! LOL

With ryan in the background............ yuup!

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
JohnMarcson said:
Some of the items like the oscillating commander (only known one left) are hard to value.

The core of the collection is:

Whelen

RB commander

10 commander 5200s

7 99 series

5 5000 commanders

7 90/80h bars

6 8000 strobe bars

10 Advantedges

3 edges

25 smaller beacons

10 dash lights

6 complete demo boards

2 traffic advisors

40 plus lightheads

Non-whelen

10 Traffic clearing lights

Siren "wobble beacon"

3 "big beacons" trilite and NA signal

10 "international" lights

Martin horns

code 7 77 inch XL 9000 and mini bar set from ambulance

20 plus flashers and power supplies to run items in period correct patterns

Some of the items are very rare setups or models. I like to collect well intentioned but less than effective or unpopular items. I focus on whelen and traffic clearing lights. The estimates in value fluctuate, not to mention you would saturate the market if you sold it all at once.

Counting the items to be displayed only.... I have just under $10k invested in whelen, and around $2k in other items. I feel I could sell them in their current state for for three times that.... the stated value is $50k, but that is meant to be a ballpark. I also keep a large amount of parts and other items that I use and sell offsite, but that's not a collection. The collection lacks a Darth Vader beacon and I have not begun to get into crossbars of any type. The new room is rather large but has low ceilings... it's a refinished basement apartment/studio. I am currently cleaning it... tore up the flooring and took off the baseboards. The bed will go..... I'll probably paint the floor and walls. It's 12'x24', with the option to make it 12'x 32' feet with a non-load-bearing wall taken out, or 12'x50' if I remove two walls and add pillars (unlikely). Consider these the before pics.

Very impressive list,but didn't see a partridge in a pear tree. :haha:

Hope you have insurence if available.

Keep the bed when you get tried you can lay down and stare at everything.

boboloo

Jun 5, 2012
Kalamazoo, MI
John,

I am concerned for the sagging shelf in the last pic. We have to work hard to restore vintage shelving and I ask that you do your part. Allow me to assist you in saving your antique wood shelf by relieving you of the two Mars 888's.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
boboloo said:
John,

I am concerned for the sagging shelf in the last pic. We have to work hard to restore vintage shelving and I ask that you do your part. Allow me to assist you in saving your antique wood shelf by relieving you of the two Mars 888's.

The shelves are being replaced in the move.. I'll send them to you for the cost of shipping plus $25 handling fee. :p

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
JohnMarcson said:
Getting everything gathered up for the move to my bigger collection room.... enjoy some low res cell pics of the first shift.....

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_pile5.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_pile4_1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_pile3_1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_pile2_1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_pile1_1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_command8.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_command6.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_command7.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_comand1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_command3.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_command2.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_adv1_1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_resp1.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_mars1_1.jpg

Now that's what I call a collection, John. Sorta reminds me of when I started collecting old sirens when I was in high school. But I only had 4 or 5 of them by my senior year. Are those SolaRays or Propello-Rays sitting next to the Mars lights?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Skip Goulet said:
Now that's what I call a collection, John. Sorta reminds me of when I started collecting old sirens when I was in high school. But I only had 4 or 5 of them by my senior year. Are those SolaRays or Propello-Rays sitting next to the Mars lights?

2 propellorays and 1 solar ray

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Skip Goulet said:
Cool! I'd gladly take all 3! Just wrap 'em up! :yes:

One of the propellorays is 6v... You can have one for free if you come move all my stuff and clean and paint the new room.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
JohnMarcson said:
One of the propellorays is 6v... You can have one for free if you come move all my stuff and clean and paint the new room.

If you can figure out a way to move Ohio a lot closer to Texas, I'd be very happy to assist. I used to sell paint, but have rarely had to use the stuff! :p

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.